Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. Scanning of the attachments with virustotal.com

If is possible, could be a good idea scanning the attachments with virustotal.com, i noticed that there are the API.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  2. Rename .doc attachments to .docx and .xls to .xlsx

The .doc and .xls file formats are a major security risk, with many ransomware campaigns using Word macros as the attack vector.

Unfortunately we still get so many of these old-format files by email, that we can't very well ban them.

A very simple protection mechanism is to rename these attachments at the mailserver to *.docx and *.xlsx respectively.

This will not prevent the attachments from being opened in most versions of Microsoft Office or Open Office, but will prevent any embedded macros from running. Even if the user follows a (malicious) instruction in the document to turn off macro…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  3. Despite the 'Mailing lists' are configured with the value of the 'Priority delivery' set to 80 (compared with normal priority emails that ha

Despite the 'Mailing lists' are configured with the value of the 'Priority delivery' set to 80 (compared with normal priority emails that have 50 or less) when sending a msg to a list, all traffic is 'blocked' from dispatch of the e-mail list. So I'll like to know if there is a chance 'to fragment and / or stagger the sending of an e-mail list in order to avoid this block of 'the normal activity'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  4. adding "rules" into spam function to bypass

Hello

In antispam module in MD, we can create rules with parameters, which make some actions (move mails, delete mails if word exist, move to spam trap etc).

I have sometimes mails wich are positive false, and i don't know why they are into spam trap

Could you add an "action" available wich can "bypass" other rules and security and deliver mail.

I've tried to make some exclusion with withlist, from and to, but some mails still go to spam trap. and need to take attention and car to not to delete them

Regards

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  5. Include ability for user to enable a auto responder that actually works

Include ability for user to enable a auto responder that actually works

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Distribution lists to phones

Distribution lists do not sync to android phone, we are usign HTC shift, with @ mail. The company wide lists work.. the ones I created on the server. but if a user makes a distribution list in world client it does not work on his phone. ALSO.... if a person makes a distro list on world client, they cannot type it as a to address in world client, they must use the address book button and select it there. thank

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  7. Sync public folder with BES on mobile devices

I have many customer that need to sync one or more Public Folder with their blackberry devices...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. alias for several users

I wish more members of a service have the same mail transmission and reception in especially from the outside. This would be useful in case of absence of people. On the other hand, it would not be outside but the service staff write the mail. With ComAgent this is not possible because only one person can be connected.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an option to make a document folder accessible as a private catalog.

Catalogs are document folders accessible by e-mail. Document folders are not catalogs. Add an option to declare a document folder as a catalog, or make it accessible using a special syntax for the (undeclared) catalog, for instance, to access a pseudo-catalog associated to the document folder "myfolder", use the catalog name "myfolder@mailbox@example.com", or, using a subaddressing syntax, "mailbox+myfolder@example.com".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a Free Version MDaemon as was available a long time ago

I have been an Alt-N customer for over 10 years now. I originally became an Alt-N customer because I was able to use the free version. I continued using the free version for my personal email for several years - during which time I developed a great confidence level in the product and made the decisions for 2 companies to purchase MDaemon.

My point is that if Alt-N had not provided a free version of MDaemon when I wanted a solid (albeit limited) email server, I would probably not be an Alt-N customer today. As an independent consultant, I wanted…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Origin country macro

We use $HEADER:X-MDOrigin-Country$ within the content filter rule 'add warning to top of massage'. Currently it comes up as DE EU, GB EU, US NA etc.
    Can this be expanded to just show the country name and not the short code? e.g. Germany, Great Britain, United States?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

There is no way to just show the country name in the X-MDOrigin-Country header.  If you'd like to use the country name instead of the country code, you'll have to translate the name from the country code to the name.  

Previously we showed the country name but it led to RFC violations, so we reverted to just using the country code.

12. Ability for domain administrators to manage rules and filters

I would like domain administrators to have the ability to manage rules and filters.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Harvesting protection

Where an account is suffering heavy spam, spider the mail domain's associated website for harvestable mailto: links or plaintext addresses and notify the user or admin of the affected pages.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. validatate emailID

We would like to write an application to check whether email ID’s of the recipients are valid or not by using SMTP hand shake and it should not send email to the recipient.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Webadmin support Unicode.

I want to webadmin support unicode so i can import vietnamese to name of user as well as many information using vietnamese language.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow to dynamically set the SELECT statement of an ODBC List

It would be great if we could have an ODBC mailing list in which we can dynamically set the "SELECT" statement at the same time we send the mailing list message.
    An example to be more clear:

I have set up an ODBC list named customers@mydomain.com
    used to send a message to all my customers as recorded in my ERP system.
    if I need to send a message only to a specific subset of my customers it would be great if I could send to MD the "modified" SELECT statement to have this message sent only to the customers selected…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Email Archive: Change the default permission of "archive to pub folders"

change the default permission of the "email archive to pub folders" to: allow postmaster as well as allow the email user (sender or recipient) to a configurable ACL value (read only or RW)?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  19. Document support for syncML (for Dropbox replacement)

Allow syncML to sync all data (especially Documents), this would allow a DropBox replacement to be used synchronising to the MDaemon account Documents folder (and its tree below it).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unify version numbers of subcomponents of MDaemon

NOW
    - Alt-N MDaemon 13.6.2
    - Alt-N SecurityPlus 4.1.5
    - Alt-N Outlook Connector 2.3.3