Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. Mobile theme for SecurityGateway

more and more people are no longer checking their email on their computers. it is more iPad and Mobile devices. Right now the SG portal is not mobile friendly and doesn't really scroll right to be able to release messages or check whats in your spam.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Clustering and SQL Server

Add support for clustering on SG, and also the ability to use SQL Server as a database. This will resolve the single-point-of-failure issue with the product, and hopefully help improve performance when dealing with a very large DB.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Message Logs

Make it possible to export filtered message logs to CSV for analysis

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd like to be able to choose wich dns server securitygateway uses when it

I'd like to be able to choose wich dns server securitygateway uses when it delivers mail and do lookups, today it uses the dns from Windows network settings, Id like to be able to enter for example my isps dns in SecurityGateway. I Think Mdeamon has this functionality.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search white and black lists

Add search function for blacklist and whitelist

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SPF and Sender ID Option to Evaluate the FROM Domain

Currently, SG only evaluates SPF and Sender ID using a hidden "MAIL FROM" value in the protocol. It would be really nice if the EMail Domain displayed in all of the Message and Quarrantine logs and search options could be used for the SPF evaluation. After all, it is the Visible FROM Email Address impersonation that causes end users to open email from invalid senders. We are having trouble with malware email being sent from infected PCs where the MAIL FROM domain matches the SPF - but the FROM displayed to the users is totally impersonated.

Another option to increase…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quarantine Reports

Would it be possible for the admin/user quarantine report to only list new mail since last report?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. SecurityGateway quarantine spam/not spam buttons in admin view

Logged in under admin. Click on Message/Queues | Quarantined (user). I get the option to release emails but not to mark as spam/not spam. I don't let my users do this on their own as they would find some way to mess it up. So i will periodically go through this and check myself. It would be handy to have those buttons there for an admin to admin the bayes

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow More Search Rows and Boolean Searches in Message Log

It would be nice to be able to add further rows to the message log searches and do Boolean searches. For example, it would be handy to be able to search for messages where Result is not delivered and Reason is not IP Lookup and Not Outbreak protection and not Mail lookup for example. Currently this is not possible.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export Reports

It would be nice to be able to customize and export reports. I have users that could benefit from seeing an individual report. Currently I have to screen shot them since there is no export.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Up/Down buttons or priority setting for DNSBL services

When using more than 1 DNSBL service and planning to stop DNSBL lookups after the first found listing, it is important to be able to set the sequence in which the DNSBLs are searched. Right now, the only way to change the sequence is to erase the DNSBL services entries and re-enter them in the desired sequence.
    For example:

MyPrivateDNSBL.net
    bl.spamcop.com
    zen.spamhaus.org

It's not a high priority idea. Just a user friendly touch.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow password protected attachments to pass through anti-virus scanning.

This is the similar to a feature request that was completed for MDaemon.

We have a lot of password protected file being sent to and from our office and we have to manual release them from the administrative quarantine. It would be nice to have an option to allow password protected zip/rar/7z files to pass through but still block everything else as it does today. It would be even better if we could specify which accounts or senders are allow to pass through protected files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Configure Rows Displayed in Message Log

It would be useful to be able to configure the amount of messages per page when displaying the message log. Currently when scrolling through many pages of messages it is laborious. Being able to display more rows on on epage and customise this number would be of benefit to all users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us.
    You can configure the number of items show per page in SecurityGateway by going to Setup / User Options. At the bottom of the page enter the desired value in the “Number of items displayed per page” field.

Thanks again,

Arron

14. SVG charts in SecurityGateway

Please, add an option to use SVG charts instead of Adobe Flash charts in Security Gateway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dynamic Screening - WorldClient

In Dynamic Screening for WorldClient, how do I turn off sending email to the Postmaster?
    I don't believe you can! You can turn off the Dynamic Screening for WorldClient, but not the email to Postmaster. The feature of Dynamic Screening is great and I do want the screening but not the email.
    China has been constantly trying to hack into a specific users and I get 1000's emails to Postmaster (both my desktop and iPhone). Please allow an option to turn this off like you do for SMTP, POP and IMAP.

Thanks, Paul

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filtering: block specified attachments even when they are in (zip) archives

Many virusses today use (zip) archives to get around content filters. For example send exe files in zip archive.

I would like an security gateway option like: Block specified files when they are in (zip) archives.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase the Global Protocol Timeout to allow larger inbound emails

Need to be able to increase the timeout configuration for receiving inbound SMTP email. 180 seconds is not long enough.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow "contains" option in Search Header From IP

Due to spammers sending from incremented IP addresses it would be easier to determine what IP block is sending the spam if we could search the messages with a Header is From (IP) contains not just
    Header is From (IP) matches.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sieve Scritp: How to recognize multiple sender

Sender must be ONE. When I see multiple sender this is sure fake mail

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We have experimented with comparing the Return-Path and the From headers and found that it causes many legitimate emails to be flagged so we have chosen to not implement the option. With that being said, there is a SpamAssassin rule that compares the Envelope From and From domains. If you’d like, you can increase the score for the HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS rule by editing the local.cf file.

Thanks,
    Arron

20. Email save button in Log view

Could we add a button to save locally a mail (EML of MSG format) from the Log View page
    Thanks
    Eric

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories