Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. Subfolder-Inbox should behave better

Inbox folder created under Main Inbox should Increment the number of email(new or note) according to mail existence in sub-folder Inbox.

Also On the summary page Inbox should also include new mail in sub-folder Inbox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Popup to ask to add Mdaemon Mobile Website to Mobile Phone Homepage

Would it be possible to make Mdaemon Webmail ask the user if they want to add a shortcut to their mobile phone screen on Android and Iphones Mobile Phones.

I really like the fantastic new design of the Mobile Gui and I wish to encourage users to use this now instead of setting them up on the mobile phone's default mail application. It would be extremely helpful though if users were automatically encouraged to save the Mdaemon Webmail as a shortcut on the homepage as many users are not good with IT.

Thank you very much for the fantastic new…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mobile Mdaemon Webmail Navigation Improvement

Whilst browsing the navigation, I feel that it would make more sense to use the Inbox/Calendar next to the 3 lines on the left to navigate within that tab. So for example, select the three lines and select Mail. Then select Inbox (next to the three lines) to change the email folder and navigate the email subfolders that way.

The same could be done for calendars or contacts. You could select Calendar or Contacts under the Three Lines and then next to the three lines click on Calendars or Contacts to select/unselect or view specific Contact Folders or Calendars. It…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Robert,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to adjust the folder navigation in the Mobile theme. Unfortunately, we will not be able to make the changes requested. However, we are continuing to improve the design and expand the functionality available in the new theme.

Thank you,
    Arron

4. SMS password recovery

Add sms feature in the password recovery option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Francesco,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us to add the ability to send the existing password in an SMS message. Unfortunately we will not be able to add the ability to send the existing password in an SMS message. I believe most carriers offer SMS gateways for their customers, so if a user would like to direct the existing password recovery email to their phone as an SMS message they can do so by entering the email address setup by their cellular carrier for the SMS gateway.

Thanks,
    Arron

5. Move the "empty trash" button

Move the "empty trash" button farther away from more frequently used buttons so that that potential to click on it by mistake is decreased.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. LookOut

We are a K-12 that has users that get VERY used to certian things. Would you PLEASE bring back the LookOut theme like we had before with the navigation on the left hand side. Perhaps just rename the old LookOut theme to something new so you can still progress with the new LookOut theme? I have had a MASSIVE out cry from all my staff about this change.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your idea. Unfortunately we will not be reverting back to the old LookOut theme. If you would like to continue using the old style LookOut theme with the new version of MDaemon you should be able to copy the following directories from an old install to the new install.

MDaemon\WorldClient\Templates\LookOut\
    MDaemon\WorldClient\HTML\LookOut

You’ll want to name the directories something other than one of the standard theme names or they will be over written. For example in my test I used “LookOut2”. After copying the directories you will need to restart the WorldClient server.

Thanks,
    Arron

7. Multiple account in World Client

I work in public administration and use mdaemon in several municipalities and many of these use open source tools but not outlook.

The first problem is that we can not synchronize address books with email client open source or at least free of charge (for example, windows live email)

The second problem is that all users have at least two accounts: the personal and the office.

The solution to these problems would be to use WorldClient with more e-mail boxes, at least of the same domain, as is done in exchange.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Admin →
  10. Reduce WorldClient.exe memory consumption

WorlClient.exe consumes more and more memory as days pass by.
    It starts up at few MB, now more than 600MB...
    I have to restart the service one time a week.
    Before v.13 I don't remember this to happen...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. WorldClient: support to messages sent in RTF format

Ability to parse messages sent by Outlooks in RTF format avoiding to get messages with the winmail.dat attachment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support the recording writing voice and video mail

Record voice and video mail and The receiver can easily play.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can have also the old (2007/2010) Worlclient theme available ?

Hello,

i try the 13.6 in a test machine. I have noticed that the new worldclient theme is a little "strange" with menus on the top of the page.
    Previously, Worldclient menus (like 2007/2010 way; were in the left of the page (and webadmin theme is still and also with left menus)

Is it possible to have the old theme available? into personalized menu?

I know the new theme would like to follow the office 2013 view, but i think it is not userfriendly as the previous worldclient theme.

If i migrate my actual mdaemon to this new version, i…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Cyril,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the new LookOut theme. We have no plans to revert to the previous version of the LookOut theme. If you would like to continue using the old theme with MDaemon 13.6.0 you may be able to copy the LookOut directories from the WorldClient/HTML and WorldClient/Templates directory of an MDaemon 13.5.2 install to your MDaemon 13.6.0 install.

Thanks,
    Arron

14. Advanced search should be more robust

Hi,

There is some issue with the search module in Worldclient.
    If I want to search some mails having word 'approval' in the body then I will go in Inbox and will click on Search and then Advanced Search.
    The first issue - start date if kept default and end date changed then advanced search will not give any result.
    The second issue - When I again go and edit the word 'approval' to 'router' to search some other mails in Inbox then also the advanced search will not give any result. To make it search the mails I will…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to print more than 8 lines in calendar entries.

Ability to print more than 8 lines in calendar entries.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Admin →
  16. Lookout calendar, mask the "calendar"\username

Hello

If it's possible, could you mask the terme "calendar" word from "calendar\username".

When we are into the calendar function/category, we know that the object, wich appears for a user is its calendar

Thanks

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for your suggestion unfortunately I think removing the calendar name, which by default is “Calendar”, from the name of the shared calendar would cause problems if a user shared out multiple calendars to the same person. You could end up with multiple calendars named $USERNAME$.

Thanks,

Arron

17. Add option to blacklist a domain.

When viewing received messages, you can right click and choose to Blacklist Sender which is GREAT, but I would like to expand on that to also have Blacklist Domain (URL).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to allow users to blacklist an entire domain from within webmail. Unfortunately, we will not be adding this functionality. We believe this is too much control for a user to have and it would frequently lead to issues.

Thank you for your suggestion.
    Arron

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base