Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

277 results found

1. Unify OutlookConnector and WorldClient user signatures

Unify Outlook Connectors and WorldClient private signatures so that when you configure a signature to be used in OutlookConnector it is also configured in WorldClient and when you set a signature in WorldClient it is set in OutlookConnector.

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  2. Protect third party

At least access to gpec and mailstore can be protected by dynamic screening, which is done via mdaemon users.

And mdaemon to integrate third-party programs has a thread in which it writes the script for integration and appears in menus in mdaemon.

Clearly they have to develop them and anyway it applies to users who have been in contact with the mail server.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. This is already possible. Dynamic Screening includes a publicly available API, although I don’t believe it has been documented. If any software vendors would like to access MDaemon’s Dynamic Screening functionality they will need to contact us so that we can provide the documentation.

Thanks,
    Arron

3. autoresponder for addresses that are set as a public folder's

Now when a message is sent to the submission address, MDaemon routes it directly to that public folder and ignores all other settings in that e-mail account including the auto-responder!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to be able to configure autoresponders for addresses that are configured as a submission address for a public folder. This is already possible by creating a content filter rule that checks the X-MDaemon-Delivery to header for the submission address and then uses the send a note to action.

If you’d like additional assistance setting this up please contact our support team. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support.

Thanks again,
    Arron

4. Share public calendar

With the version 18 I see that I can share a private calendar to anyone also without an MDaemon account.
    But only the private calendars are sharable.
    I suggest to add the ability to share also the public calendars.
    Thanks.
    Davide.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Continents, Country and Countries

Continents, Country and Countries

New Feature Requests

New Statistics Reports in MDaemon.

Continents, and possibly Countries

By Continent and Country: Messages accepted, Messages Refused
    By Continent and Country: Successful Authentication Attempts, Failed Authentication Attempts.

I would also like to see all logs of any authentication failures to indicate country of origin in the log possibly on the same log line to help provide some source information.

I would like to see a feature in the future that includes an alert to the mail admin anytime someone is able to successfully log in from a new continent, or another country.

This…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow multi users login with the same account by POP3 protocol

Please allow multi users login with the same account by PỎP3 protocol, I ask this feature because when user add the account by POP3 to their
    gmail account, the gmail server open multi pop session and cannot login.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. Allowing multiple POP3 clients to login to the same account violates the POP3 RFC however, an option has been added to allow the administrator to allow multiple POP3 clients to be logged into the same account at the same time.

Thanks,
    Arron

7. Mailing List From: Address

Please consider allowing configuration option to force Mailing Lists to use list email as "From" address. Some ISPs are blocking email from a mailing list user to themselves.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create Domain-wide Email and Calendar Categories

Something for the future. Would it be possible to create Public Categories for Emails/Calendars that would apply across a domain.

I can see it being very useful to create company or school specific Categories with specific colours and these should be viewable in all accounts for that domain. I appreciate that this can only be done for Worldclient as it would be impossible to create categories that would sync with Em Client, Outlook etc, although it may be possible to integrate common categories into the Outlook Connector?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello Robert,

Thanks for sharing your idea about domain categories. This is already possible in the current version of MDaemon. Below is the information from the release notes on how the system works.

WorldClient now allows admins to create custom categories. There are two files for this purpose; DomainCategories.json and PersonalCategories.json. Domain Categories are enabled globally by default. To disable it, change the value of DomainCategoriesEnabled in MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini [Default:Settings] to “No”. Users are able to add and edit their own categories by default. To disable this either per user (in the user’s User.ini under [User]) or globally (in MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini [Default:UserDefaults]) change the value of CanEditPersonalCategories to “No”. If Domain Categories is enabled, and a user is not allowed to edit personal categories, the user will only see the categories listed in DomainCategories.json. However, if Domain Categories is disabled, and a user is not allwed to edit personal categories, the user…

9. Add support for custom attributes in calendar items

Allow settings of custom attributes in calendar items (Something like custom attributes of EWS).
    This would allow better integration of MD with third party applications.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Smart Folder for Worldclient

In Em Client which I use as my email program, I have the ability to setup a smart folder view for Drafts, Unread Email and Flagged Items.

Worldclient already has the ability to view drafts folder so thats ok. However having a folder for unread email and a folder for Flagged Items (that show categories) would drastically improve the usage of Worldclient.

If you look at Em Client website and Screenshots you will see their layout of Unread Emails and Flagged Emails. I cannot tell you how much my email management has improved by having these two folders. I consider…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your idea to add a Smart Folder to WorldClient. This is already possible using the Saved Searches Functionality. If you want saved searches to show up in your folder list, you’ll need to enable it under Options / Folders. Then simply save the searches based on your criteria.

Thanks again,

Arron

11. Web Administration User Last Access Date

In the Mdaemon Gui (which I use) I can see the last login access date for each user. However, my clients need to use Web Admin to manage their domain. Using the Web Admin, they cannot see when a user last logged in to ensure that users are accessing their email regularly. Could this column be added.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mailing List Manager add users

When you add new users to an existing mailing list, the default view is to show all domains expanded and none of the users that are already members of that mailing list are selected.

Could you change this so that all domains are minimised so that you only have to expand the domain you are interested in and secondly could it show the existing users that are already members. This makes it easier to see if someone has been missed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some improvement for Account Manager

Some improvement for Account Manager: for example select by quota, select by settings, mutiple updates and so on

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Replace Kaspersky

Stop "monitoring the situation". REPLACE the Kaspersky AV with another vendor. This should be a top level priority.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add MD-GUI views also in WebAdmin.

Could you please add all/most of the MD-GUI views also in WebAdmin.
    eg. Mail-SMTP(in), Security-Antivirus, Routing, System, WorldClient-WorldClient, Plugins-DynamicScreen just to give some examples.

An have them autorefresh similar to the MD-GUI.

Dan Lundqvist
    MRZAZ.COM
    Stockholm, Sweden

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. subaddressing

Subaddressing should be revised. It should be made independent of the feature that allows to specify the folder to send the mail to.

Even if the folder does not exist, it should simply deliver to the Inbox, at least optionally.

Use case: I like to use subaddresses to find out who sold my data. :) So when requesting trial versions, newsletters, etc. I'd like to use a different suffix every time, user+trial1@com.pany, user+news2@com.pany, and when this address gets used by anyone else, I know where it's coming from. And I might be able to block it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to update sub addressing to accept a message even if the folder does not exist. This is already possible by creating an alias for your account such as "user+*@com.pany = user@com.pany. By adding this alias you will essentially have an unlimited number of email addresses that will route to your account. This may result in an increase in unwanted email.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us.
    Arron

17. Some Improvement in Dynamic Screening Logs

The improved Dynamic screening with v17.5 is great. One lack is that the IP addresses for SMTP, WC and AS authentications from any external access only show as the internal address of the firewall. IMAP authentications show the actual remote address correctly!

Would it be possible to have all the protocols show the true external addresses? That is much more informative for security analytics!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "country of origin" in DynamicScreened IP mails header and body.

Now with the newly added feature "Location Screening" you have the database and functionality to convert IP to Country.

Please add functionality to include "Country of Origin" in the "Dynamic Screen" emails both in header and in body.

Possible included as a user configured option ON/OFF.

Dan Lundqvist
    MRZAZ.COM
    Stockholm, Sweden

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Activesync Out Of Office

Due to the recent issues with Outlook Connector on Windows 10 we have been using Activesync and have shared folders working as well. What would make it complete would be the use of out of office for Active Sync in Outlook. I'm guessing the Simplest way would be a addon were you could login with your credentials on the addon and then set it from there. Essentially a smaller version of the Outlook Connector.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add time-based un-freeze of frozen accounts

In screening > dynamic screen we have a setting for 'Maximum authentication failures allowed in a mail session'.

This setting in turn has a sub-setting of 'Freeze accounts that exceed the max authentication failures allowed'.

It might be useful to be able to have the account un-frozen automatically after a user-defined period of time as some of our accounts get frozen out over a weekend which can be problematic.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base