Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. Hide internal servers

An option for hiding internal servers from outgoing email header.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to hide internal server.

This behavior is enabled by default, it is not an option.

SecurityGateway will mask out IP address, PTR lookup results, and local machine when the IP is local or the IP is that of a domain mail server, or when the message comes in via an authenticated session.

Thanks,

Arron

2. DNSBL Match IP

DNSBL should have match IP definition to detect positive, negative of fault response.
    For instance, spamhaus might return 127.255.255.254 while DNS error existed, but mail gateway would detect it as a positive response.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. o365 Verify Users Guide is completely wrong(real guide below)

1. Open PowerShell
    2. Use one of the following commands to connect to the AD Azure tenant. a. Office 365 Worldwide (+GCC) • Connect-MsolService -AzureEnvironment AzureCloud b. Office 365 Germany • Connect-MsolService -AzureEnvironment AzureGermanyCloud c. Azure China Cloud • Connect-MsolService -AzureEnvironment AzureChinaCloud
    3. Enter the Office 365 administrator credentials when prompted.
    4. (Optional) Enter the following command to review a list of existing service principals. • Get-MsolServicePrincipal
    5. Enter the following to create a new service principal. • $principal = New-MsolServicePrincipal -DisplayName 'SecurityGatewaySP' -ServicePrincipalNames @("SecurityGatewaySP") -Type Password -Value 'useapasswordofyourchoicehere' -StartDate (Get-Date) -EndDate (Get-Date).AddYears(1) o The service principal object will…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Message

Customize overview message. Now its only in englisch.

Also send a message a soon a message is set in quarantine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to be able to customize the quarantine reports. This is already possible by going to the SecurityGateway\Templates\ directory and creating a file named, custom_quarantine_report.xsl. I’d recommend copying the quarantine_report.xsl and naming the new copy custom_quarantine_report.xsl and then making the adjustments you’d like in the custom_quarantine_report.xsl file.

If you have any questions or if you would like further assistance, please do not hesistate to reach out to our support team. All of our support options can be found at www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,
    Arron

5. Quarantine Scheduling

The current scheduler for Quarantine summaries is either Never, Every x hours, Daily or Weekly. The summaries are coming out just shortly after midnight and, since many people have e-mail on their cell phones, they are getting woken up and complaining. If we go into the settings and click on 'save' then the summaries can come out at a different time.

It would be nice to set an actual time or several like 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow sorting of messages quarantined by "Reason" & message selection issue

allow sorting of messages quarantined by "Reason". Also, when selecting All messages on a "page" of those quarantined, even when I Just did a Refresh, I will find that at least one additional message than I selected will be added to the Blacklist, etc. I have over 99500 entries in my Blacklist. Tracking down the one that MIGHT be one we need to allow through is difficult, at best. I do a lot of Blacklist by Domain. So sometimes a Domain we NEED to receive from gets Blacklisted accidentally. Is there a way to make the system ONLY blacklist messages…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for requesting improvements to the sorting functionality and for reporting that extra addresses are being added to the blacklist. Unfortunately, I have not been able to replicate the behavior that you are describing. Please contact our technical support team so that we can investigate further.

Thanks,
    Arron

7. Security Gateway - Two Factor Authentication

With MDamon there is a possibility to add two way auhtentication. It would be nice to add this feature to the Security Gateway software. According to MDaemon the level of security for Security Gateway is much lower.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2048 bit self sign certificates

Manually creation of keys : now keys are 1024 bit and there is not way to use 2048 buit keys

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Admin →
  9. Email save button in Log view

Could we add a button to save locally a mail (EML of MSG format) from the Log View page
    Thanks
    Eric

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sieve Scritp: How to recognize multiple sender

Sender must be ONE. When I see multiple sender this is sure fake mail

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We have experimented with comparing the Return-Path and the From headers and found that it causes many legitimate emails to be flagged so we have chosen to not implement the option. With that being said, there is a SpamAssassin rule that compares the Envelope From and From domains. If you’d like, you can increase the score for the HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS rule by editing the local.cf file.

Thanks,
    Arron

11. Search white and black lists

Add search function for blacklist and whitelist

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export Reports

It would be nice to be able to customize and export reports. I have users that could benefit from seeing an individual report. Currently I have to screen shot them since there is no export.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow "contains" option in Search Header From IP

Due to spammers sending from incremented IP addresses it would be easier to determine what IP block is sending the spam if we could search the messages with a Header is From (IP) contains not just
    Header is From (IP) matches.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Message Logs

Make it possible to export filtered message logs to CSV for analysis

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase the Global Protocol Timeout to allow larger inbound emails

Need to be able to increase the timeout configuration for receiving inbound SMTP email. 180 seconds is not long enough.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filtering: block specified attachments even when they are in (zip) archives

Many virusses today use (zip) archives to get around content filters. For example send exe files in zip archive.

I would like an security gateway option like: Block specified files when they are in (zip) archives.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dynamic Screening - WorldClient

In Dynamic Screening for WorldClient, how do I turn off sending email to the Postmaster?
    I don't believe you can! You can turn off the Dynamic Screening for WorldClient, but not the email to Postmaster. The feature of Dynamic Screening is great and I do want the screening but not the email.
    China has been constantly trying to hack into a specific users and I get 1000's emails to Postmaster (both my desktop and iPhone). Please allow an option to turn this off like you do for SMTP, POP and IMAP.

Thanks, Paul

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Quarantine Reports

Would it be possible for the admin/user quarantine report to only list new mail since last report?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow More Search Rows and Boolean Searches in Message Log

It would be nice to be able to add further rows to the message log searches and do Boolean searches. For example, it would be handy to be able to search for messages where Result is not delivered and Reason is not IP Lookup and Not Outbreak protection and not Mail lookup for example. Currently this is not possible.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Configure Rows Displayed in Message Log

It would be useful to be able to configure the amount of messages per page when displaying the message log. Currently when scrolling through many pages of messages it is laborious. Being able to display more rows on on epage and customise this number would be of benefit to all users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us.
    You can configure the number of items show per page in SecurityGateway by going to Setup / User Options. At the bottom of the page enter the desired value in the “Number of items displayed per page” field.

Thanks again,

Arron

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base