Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. Integrate BlackBerry Server 10

We decided to use the Blackberry Platform with Mdaemon because of higher security requirements. Since Active Sync cannot meet our security demands, but our clients want to use new Bs wit OS10, please provide the BES 10 integration.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 Factor authentication for SMTP

Could we please add and enforce 2fa on SMTP connection pass+token? This would stop the possibility/ limit compromised pc and stolen password from being used. Which would also lower spam.

This would also not be a bad feature for IMAP and POP3.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrew,

We can add two factor authentication to the SMTP service, but since most email clients do not support it, users would be burdened with entering their password and a token every time the email client needs to login. It is my opinion that users are not going to want to do this. A much easier alternative, that is possible with the current version, would be to give each user account a longer password, MDaemon allows up to 72 characters when using non reversible password encryption. This doesn’t solve the problem, but it does make it much harder for passwords to be stolen. You can also enable location screening to restrict locations that are able to attempt to authenticate.

3. SMTP File check

Sometimes happen to receive an attachment with a virus that is not detected, could be useful for all files that arrive, get the hash, and if the file is infected, move it in quarantine and block all the new incoming file.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  4. spam

afin d'aider le gestionnaire a trouver la source d'un blacklist de l'ip du serveur avoir un tableau présentant l'historique les codes d'erreur 550 mail not accepted from blacklisted
    avec filtrable par date / heure

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. support contact-information from adressbook via LDAP - not only user-information

In order to use the contact-information from an adressbook (e.g. Contacts) also in several other software products (email, CTI, TAPI, ...) WITHOUT using MS Outlook or the MDaemon Outlook Connector (yes, there are more and more people around NOT using this software!) it it necessary to have access to the contact-information via a standard protocoll - i.e. LDAP (maybe ODBC or CardDAV).
    But still more software packages support LDAP (eg. email-programs, CTI-packages). There is even a way to submit MDamon user information to an LDAP server. So it could be easy to just create an LDIF file from the contact…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Content Filter Message Handling

Based on previous input, from one of your engineers: Received Messages are copied multiple times for each address in any received email, resulting in one email becoming many emails before being handed off to the content filter. This allows SPAM that includes multiple addresses to be copied to a new message file for each address before all the messages are handed off to the content filter to be processed over and over again. This is one of the reasons the content filter eats up so much CPU and this should be seen as a big problem. I do not understand…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add suppport for Lets's Encrypt DNS-01 challenge to allow Wildcard certs.

Could you please add support for Let's Encrypt DNS-01 challenge to allow wildcard SSL certs.

According to letsencrypt, the ACMEv2 should be in production environment since february.
    See the FAQ below and the link
    https://letsencrypt.org/docs/faq/

"Does Let’s Encrypt issue wildcard certificates?
    Yes. Wildcard issuance must be done via ACMEv2 using the DNS-01 challenge. See this post for more technical information."

https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/acme-v2-production-environment-wildcards/55578

From what I could see, you are using "ACMESharp" which is listed as an ACMEv2 capable client
    https://letsencrypt.org/docs/client-options/#acme-v2-compatible-clients
    https://github.com/ebekker/ACMESharp

Best regards
    Dan Lundqvist
    Stockholm, Sweden

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, we are not able to update your DNS server with the necessary records in order to complete the DNS challenge. If you would like to complete a DNS challenge for LetsEncrypt, you will need to create your own script.

Thanks,
    Arron

8. content filter performance

I found a new issue with the content filter. The more rules I add the worst the server performance gets. I finally figured out something very important. Emails are being checked every time the are received, and when they CC or BCC some one, it gets checked again, and again. I found a simple fix to this. First content rule, add header that content filter check was started. Second content filter rule, if content filter header check exists, then skip all the other content filter rules. This has made a huge performance impact on the server, and I ask my…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. Unfortunately this is not possible. A copy of the message is created for each recipient and each copy of the message is processed by the content filter. This enables actions to be taken on a copy of a message destined for a specific recipient without affecting the copy of the message destined for the other recipients.

Thanks again,
    Arron

9. Hide unused tabs and menu-items.

When a feature is not enabled, either by choice or license, HIDE it from all part of the product like:
    "GUI / Mail / ..."
    - BIS, BES (when this function is not enabled/licensed)
    - Outlook Connector (when this function is not enabled/licensed)
    - Minger (when this function is not enabled)
    - LDAP (when this function is not enabled)
    - DomainPop (when this function is not enabled)

"GUI / Mail / ..."
    - ActiveSync (when this function is not enabled/licensed)
    - SyncML (when this function is not enabled)

"GUI / Mail / Active Directory" (when this function is not enabled)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dan,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us to hide unused features, unfortunately we will not be able to implement it. Hiding unused features makes it more difficult, if not impossible, for an administrators to try to find a feature to turn it on.

Thanks again.
    Arron

10. option to show failed passwords in the log

I have v13.6.2.
    When a user tries to log in with an incorrect password the log just shows
    **** for the password.

In my case this is most commonly due to brute force attack and not due to legitimate users trying to log on.
    Is there any way to get the log to show the password attempts as it did in earlier versions, so that I can ***** the effectiveness of the attack.

Previously they would be simple dictionary attacks for generic user names, but now come as a few attempts from Russia and Ukraine from various IP's and targeted…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide a Free Version MDaemon as was available a long time ago

I have been an Alt-N customer for over 10 years now. I originally became an Alt-N customer because I was able to use the free version. I continued using the free version for my personal email for several years - during which time I developed a great confidence level in the product and made the decisions for 2 companies to purchase MDaemon.

My point is that if Alt-N had not provided a free version of MDaemon when I wanted a solid (albeit limited) email server, I would probably not be an Alt-N customer today. As an independent consultant, I wanted…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an option to make a document folder accessible as a private catalog.

Catalogs are document folders accessible by e-mail. Document folders are not catalogs. Add an option to declare a document folder as a catalog, or make it accessible using a special syntax for the (undeclared) catalog, for instance, to access a pseudo-catalog associated to the document folder "myfolder", use the catalog name "myfolder@mailbox@example.com", or, using a subaddressing syntax, "mailbox+myfolder@example.com".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. alias for several users

I wish more members of a service have the same mail transmission and reception in especially from the outside. This would be useful in case of absence of people. On the other hand, it would not be outside but the service staff write the mail. With ComAgent this is not possible because only one person can be connected.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  16. Sync public folder with BES on mobile devices

I have many customer that need to sync one or more Public Folder with their blackberry devices...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Email Archive: Change the default permission of "archive to pub folders"

change the default permission of the "email archive to pub folders" to: allow postmaster as well as allow the email user (sender or recipient) to a configurable ACL value (read only or RW)?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include ability for user to enable a auto responder that actually works

Include ability for user to enable a auto responder that actually works

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Origin country macro

We use $HEADER:X-MDOrigin-Country$ within the content filter rule 'add warning to top of massage'. Currently it comes up as DE EU, GB EU, US NA etc.
    Can this be expanded to just show the country name and not the short code? e.g. Germany, Great Britain, United States?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

There is no way to just show the country name in the X-MDOrigin-Country header.  If you'd like to use the country name instead of the country code, you'll have to translate the name from the country code to the name.  

Previously we showed the country name but it led to RFC violations, so we reverted to just using the country code.

20. Webadmin support Unicode.

I want to webadmin support unicode so i can import vietnamese to name of user as well as many information using vietnamese language.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base