Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

186 results found

1. Decrypt pgp attachments

When I receive a PGP email from an external user, would be very helpfull decrypt automatically the attachments, so I can open it from worldclient.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Outbreak Protection Options

Currently there are three options:

Viruses, Spam and IWF Content which can either be blocked in real time or accepted for filtering.

I would like to make this four options and have a separate option for bulk spam so I can set this for filtering whilst all the others are blocked in real time. The reason being is that I have not had a single legitimate email being dropped under spam, IWF or Viruses but I have had quite a few legitimate emails being dropped under bulk spam. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add option to 'soft fail' on Reverse Lookup (PTR) failure

At present the options for action on PTR lookup failure are to close the connection - a hard fail.
    As others have observed this causes a lot of unhappy customers because emails from legitimate senders fail to be received, yet it also stops a lot of spam emails so it is a desirable test to have turned on (in my opinion).

Please consider the option for a soft fail on PTR lookup failure.

For example I would prefer the option to increment the spam score against emails that fail rather than closing the connection outright.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Determining the effectiveness of applying a security setting

The following security settings would be a good example here.

Close connection if no PTR exists
    Close connection if no PTR Match
    Outbreak Protection
    Spambot Detection

I used to have Spambot Detection enabled but I disabled it a few months back because it appeared to me that the only emails being affected by this were legitimate senders.

I currently have both PTR checks above enabled. We have had a few legitimate senders affected by this.

I also have Outbreak Protection enabled

However there is no easy way for me to list all senders (domains) that were affected by security setting…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Message Metadata in DB

The request is that some of the metadata that appears in log files be organised in an accessible SQL db to simplify, and help secure the utilisation of the overall system.

My use case is as follows:

In an attempt to secure users primary emails I regularly run scripts to attempt to determine the source of authenticated sessions, and that they correspond to users and devices that are expected e.g. ActiveSync sessions from known devices and networks, or authenticated SMTP from known IPs or via authenticated VPNs.

These tasks end up parsing a lot of log files, where all of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Location Screening applied per mailbox

Location Screening is a fantastic tool, and I use it extensively. I have eighty mailbox users of which the majority never leaves the country, but I also have a handful of users who travel extensively around the world.
    The problem arises when I have to unblock a specific country for a particular user. Suddenly all the mailboxes on my server is open to brute force authentication attacks from that particular country.
    If I could apply Location Screening by means of a template, or security group, or even directly on a particular mailbox, it would mean that if I open a…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Charl,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to implement per user location screening. There are some challenges to implementing this as it will require that we allow authentication to begin before a connection can be blocked by location screening. Some users will not like this, so we have to find a way to block connections as efficiently as possible.

There are a couple of options available for by-passing location screening on a per user basis. You can enable options for ActiveSync so that known devices by-pass location screening checks. You can also have the IP address of knwon ActiveSync devices whitelisted, so if you have a laptop on the same wifi network that is not using ActiveSync it will be allowed to connect as well. If you are using Webmail, you can use Two Factor Authentication to bypass Location Screening.

We will look into per user location…

7. Client Signatures - expanded options

It would be very useful to expand the new signatures feature to allow the admin to define multiple "standard" signatures, then have the ability to assign to different signatures to different users ie. Different divisions/locations with specific localised details.

It would also be very useful to be able to force std signatures onto mobile devices - possibly via an app???

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Editor for Dynamic Blacklists should:

The Editor for Dynamic Blacklists should:
    - Have some kind of notification that notifies the user incase not all blacklisted IPs are displayed. (Which, in my case, they havent. iwas looking for a specifc IP that was not in the listview. )
    - Have a way to search for an IP. (even for IPs that are NOT displayed in the listvidew).
    - Obviously have a way to enable/disable/remove the results from that search

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Set all unread folder as the default folder

Can we tell Mdaemon to set the all unread search folder as the default folder to go to when logging into Mdaemon Webmail. At the moment, it always go to the inbox folder by default.

Thank you.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Saved Search Show unread count

Show a message count for how many unread or flagged emails are in each Saved Search Folder. All other folders show a message count of unread emails so would be consistent and many people like seeing a number. As these two folders will be used the most it makes sense to have a message count.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatic mailbox import

We need to import a lot of mailboxes (mail, calendar and contacts) from Lotus Notes 9.0.1 to MDaemon.

We want make it automatically because there are a lot of Mailboxes and it's not possible to do it manually.

Tools to import from other platforms will be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Whitelisting specifc attachments from specific senders

I have moved to whitelisting attachments. What would be useful is to add to the exceptions attachments handling is the ability to whitelist say .zip files from a specific sender instead of just simply whitelisting sender which allows all attachments including dangerous virus attachments. While we trust the sender, obviously they may get infected with a virus and then infect us if the AV does not pick it up. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MDaemon filtering feature request

We’d like the ability to be able to watch an email working it’s way through the various filters, building up score as it goes.

Graphically we’d like it to look like the mousetrap game / Rube Goldberg machine.

Any email scoring highly enough to be classed as SP@M should disappear down a plughole of some sort and be accompanied by the ‘pacman dying’ sound effect.

By the end of the month would be nice - yes please! 👍

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop making the Help screen modal!

When you open Help from MDaemon, it opens as Modal, so is always in front of MDaemon. This makes it a real pain to try to read help and change some settings at the same time. It isn't too bad if you have twin screens, but I have to work on a single-screen server and use half of the screen for MDaemon and half for help so they don't overlap. I can't think of a single benefit of having the Help modal. Please stop doing it.

P.S. Why does the box I'm typing this into have to be the size…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Can you tell me how you are opening the help dialog? Are you using the MDaemon User Interface or MDaemon Remote Administration, MDaemon Webmail? Or something else? What version of MDaemon do you have installed?I have been unable to figure out how to reproduce what you are seeing.

Thanks,
    Arron

15. Allow MDIM users to see contacts from other domains

I cannot set Mdaemon to allow a client to view more than one domain (but not all domains) in the search contact list. I have a number of clients that need to communicate with members on other domains, but I don't want them to see all the domains.

Could you not use the Mdaemon functionality in place that allows me to share contacts between domains for email use for IM as well?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mdaemon Desktop Instant Messenger modernise GUI Interface

The gui interface of desktop instant messenger looks dated.

Could you replace the icons for text colour, spelling, send file etc with a more modern look and also make the main window showing the contacts look modern. The small font and very dated green and red icons make it look very old fashioned.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Prevent SmartHost to be used right after the first try (graylisting)

We are using "Send directly and use smart host on problems."

As soon as graylisting is involved this immediately enforces the smart host to be used while it should not.

An option to specify the amount of unsuccessful direct connections (before the fallback to the smart host is used) should be added.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ability to add to dynamic screen ip addresses that fail geolocation and they attempt auth

ability to add to dynamic screen ip addresses that fail geolocation and they attempt auth

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks again for your suggestion. I just realized I was not understanding your request correctly. Since you are allowing all SMTP traffic you would like to add IPs to the block list that attempt to authenticate. None of the clients should even attempt to authenticate since we are removing AUTH from the list of possible commands, however, it is possible for a client to ignore this and try to authenticate anyway. Your request to add the IP of these clients to the Dynamic Screening black list will be considered for future versions.

Thanks again for your suggestion and my apologies for not catching on quicker.

Arron

19. Hard Links for Copies

In our company, we use readonly public folders for departmental in/out mails, and read/write for custom archiving. As practically all mails get archived at least once, this leads to lots of wasted space.
    So, suggestion:
    When possible (folders on same drive), add support for and give the option to enable "create hard links for copied files". This would not only reduce space, but will probably also increase performance, due to fewer actual data = more unique content cached.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Content Filter - Compose group name from variable

When creating a content filter, it would be good to be able to compose the name of a group from variables. Currently, i can't e.g. use 'If the SENDER' is a member of "x1.$FILTERRULENAME$"... to declare a group based on the filtername (or other variable), which limits automation on certain occasions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information. The first issue I see is that the content filter does not currently support searching multiple groups for the sender. If that were supported, you could use a rule similar to the following to archive messages being sent out by employees.

RuleName=Purchasing
    Enable=Yes
    ThisRuleCondition=Any
    ProcessQueue=BOTH
    Condition01=$SENDER$|group member|OR|CMP1Group|CMP2Group|CMP3Group
    Action01=copy to dir|“e:\Archive\$DOMAIN\$MAILBOX$\Purchasing\”

We will look into supporting the searching of multiple groups for future versions.

In the current version there are archiving options in MDaemon that may help, although, they may not provide the granularity you are looking for. The options can be found at Setup / Server Settings / Archiving.

If you would like further assistance configuring this please contact our support team. All of our support options can be found at www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base