Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

34 results found

1. Outlook Plug-in or Method to Send to SpamLearn and NonSpamLearn

Need an Outlook Plug-in or some easy method for users to send spam that has reached their inbox to send messages to the provided SpamLearn@ address. Likewise there needs to be an easy method to use the NonSpamLearn@. As another user posted, there is no option to flag these on the quaratine views. What is particularly disturbing is that there is no documented procedure for users to flag delivered messages as spam that I can see.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to Drop Connection Immediately upon DNSBL or Blacklist IP Lookup Found

The IP Blacklist and DNSBL actions should have the option to drop the SMTP connection immediately after learning that the source IP is black listed. The reason to drop the connection immediately is to reduce the additional processing that is essentially wasted if the policy is to reject the email.

The Blacklist IPs and DNSBL should be examined ASAP after connection to minimize the time to decide to drop a listed connection. Dropping the listed connection ASAP reduces the chance of an SPAM or SMTP attack from overloading the SG.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Arnold,

I have verified with our developers that the tests are occurring after the RCPT command so that any domain exceptions that exist can be applied. We will consider having the tests occur earlier in the session when no domain exceptions exist for future versions of SecurityGateway.

Thanks,

Arron

3. Please add one option into Security Gateway for remote mail delivery

The MDaemon mail server has three options for remote mail delivery.
    But Security Gateway just have two options, they are:
    Always send all outbound email directly to the recipient's mail server
    and
    Always send every outbound email to the server specified below

We need increase the option like Mdaemon mail server.

Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to view attachments from emails log

It would be goo to have the ability to view attachments when browsing the log of messages ?

Now that we are installing SecurityGateway at all our customers to replace their Barracuda units, we are finding that we often come across this limitation as, often, an end-user asks us to locate a particular email with a specific attachment. On their old Barracuda anti-spam appliances the feature was there.

With SG we have to get SG to deliver the email and then ask the user if that is the correct attachment - very time consuming !!

Michel

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Whitelists for individual features.

In addition to the global whitelist in SG, I would like to have individual whitelists for each feature. I may need to allow one person to bypass the antivirus or content filter or prevent them from being tarpitted. Currently I have now way of allowing this without bypassing everything by putting them in the whitelist.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to HOLD undeliverable email to invalid email addresses for configured domains

The SG currently rejects all email not associated with a user account or alias. It would be great to have an option that either passes this email to the inside servers or HOLD the undeliverable email to enable the Admin to determine its disposition or change its Recipient email address.

The Default for this option should be the current behavior of rejecting email to invalid recipients and replying to the sender with an Non-delivery 550 email.

This feature is important to us because not all of our customers have 100% typing accuracy when it comes to email addresses. This also…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Showing Whitelisted entries as such in the logs

Hello,

Our background is Barracuda and this request is straight from our experience following our switch from Barracuda to Security Gateway.

At the moment, the SG log shows all delivered mail as "Delivered" in green.

The problem with this is that, in the first month of fine tuning a new installation, one has to look at each individual "Delivered" mail to work out if it was delivered because it was whitelisted or simply because it passed the spam checks. Then, when you know it passed the spam checks, you then examine it to check if you should blacklist the sender,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Implement an administrative Enable/Disable option for the "automatic whitelisting feature” for user conversations

Just imagine a user starts to correspond with a SPAM address for what reason ever (released from quarantine e.g.).
    Because of this “convenient feature” from this time on all future conversations sent to that user from this specific address most of the security checks are automatically(!) “disabled” because of that “automatic whitelisting” feature. Sorry, but that’s a security evil function!
    Currently from administrative point of view there is only the option to set “default settings”, but can be changed anytime by the user….
    That is – from security point of view – absolutely dangerous! Because once whitelisted a lot of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Read-only administrators

At present, SG users can have one out of three roles:

1) global administrator (rw)
    2) domain administrator (domain+ rw)
    3) normal user (mailbox rw)

I was asked if it is possible to creare read-only administrator users:

1) global administrator (rw)
    1.1) global read-only administrator (r)
    2) domain administrator (domain+ rw)
    2.1) domain read-only administrator (domain+ r)
    3) normal user (mailbox rw)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Long Running (stay connected) and Live Log Display (refresh interval)

I really like the MDaemon client's log that can be continually live for administrator viewing.
    I would like to see something similar in the SG. I would like to see options for the web client:
    1) Length of time to stay connected before auto logging out

Options right on the detail Logs and Messages Logs (All, Quarantine, etc) screens:
    2) Automatic Log Refresh (enable/disable checkbox) and refresh interval

Behavior for the Messages Logs (All, Quarantine, etc.)
    3) Disable Automatic Logging when any of the Message links are clicked. Uncheck the Automatic Logging checkbox immediately when disabling the Automatic Logging.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Security Gateway: SIZE check with Destination MTA during SMTP Session

During the SMTP session with external MTA, have SG check size with eventual destination MTA

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Save Search Criteria in Security Gateway

I do several searches many times throughout the day on our SGW server and it is time-consuming to put in the search criteria each and every time. I know that save search criteria is available on Mdaemon, but I'd like to see it available on the SGW product as well.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. search

A search option on the Domains list page, I have over 1300 domains and its not easy having to scroll through all the pages when trying to find a domain

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. IPs and Hostnames exemption list for SPF and Rate Control processing

Hello Support,

I would like to make a request for an exceptions list of IPs and Hostnames for SPF processing.

Here is the problem. We, and many of our clients (we are an IT company), come from a background of Barracuda anti-spam units.

On a Barracuda you can specify some hosts or IPs that you want excluded from the Barracuda's equivalent of Security Gateway's SPF processing. Typically one uses that list specifically and only for the hosts addresses of one's Backup MX queues.

On Security Gateway, you cannot, with the following results :

a) Internet line goes down, so emails…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Michel,

Per feature whitelists will be considered for future versions. In the meantime there is a potential work around which I believe has already been shared with you, but I’ll share it for the benefit of everyone.

As a short term work around, you can use a custom SIEVE script for the SPF test. You will need to disable the built-in test, and replace it with something like.

require [“securitygateway”,“reject”,“fileinto”,“envelope”];

if not ip :is [“80.168.44.51”, “195.8.69.18”, “213.253.3.180”]
    {
    // cut paste text of system generated sieve script here
    if allof(not whitelisted,not auth “succeeded”,not ip “des”) {
    if lookup “spf” “fail” {
    fileinto “spam”;
    }
    if lookup “spf” “softfail” {
    spamscore “2.0”;
    }
    }

}

Thanks,

Arron

15. void nagging "loading..." frame

in the web interface
    the "loading" rame overlay results really noisy (not sure about the translation, in italian "Caricamento in corso")
    Usuallly waiting for it nags me
    - at login, I don't need statistics if I'm just going to a settings or message queues
    - opening message queues, most of the times I'll do a search (at least to limit the date/time), so I don't need to wait loading the whole message database

IDEAS:
    - instead of overlying the whole page, ovelay just the loading part (the statistics images, or the message list) so that refreshing that part stops loading…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to make SecurityGateway faster.  There is currently an option to not load the graphs automatically.  You can change it by going to My Account / Settings.  Depending on what is slowing down the login, this may or may nnt help.  If its something else causing the login to be slow, you can try a backup and restore of the SecurityGateway database.  This process cleans up system information and can reduce the size of the database. We will look into options for improving login performance for a future version.

Thanks,

Arron    

16. Spam quarantine delegate user rights

Allow users to setup delegate rights to their own spam quarantine for other users of Security Gateway.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show summary reason of Junk in Statistics Report

Statistics Report shows an amount of Junk messages processed. For Security awareness it would be great to have an additional table/report which shows a summary of reasons (top 10?).
    If a message is marked as Good, i presume the Result is Delivered and the Reason is Good.

In my case I have a lot of connection attempts in which the next reasons/results are the most common.
    Incomplete - No Mail Sent
    Rejected - Location Screening
    Rejected - Dynamic Screening
    Rejected - HELO Lookup
    Rejected - Blacklisted
    Released - Callback Verification
    Rejected - DNSBL

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us, to have a breakdown of the Junk email report. Is the Junk breakdown report what you are looking for?

Junk Email Breakdown—This report displays the total of all junk email, categorized by type, for the selected Domain during the Date Range specified in the report. Junk email is categorized into six types: Spam, Virus, Spoofing, Abuse, Incomplete, and User. The Incomplete category is for all sessions where a timeout occurs or the client closes the socket or issues a quit command before sending the data. SMTP probes fall under this category. The User category is for Blacklists, Content Filter Rules, Attachment Filtering, and custom Sieve Scripts. The remaining categories refer to their corresponding Security sections. The table below the graph contains columns for each type, and each row corresponds to the Summary time period by which the report is delineated (hours,…

18. Move messages from admin quarantine to user quarantine

Ability to move messages from admin quarantine to user quarantine.

Some messages that appear in admin quarantine don't always require admin action. But it is not always clear whether the user would wish to receive the message. Ideally have the ability for an admin to move a message to user quarantine - to allow the user to make the decision on whether to release / delete / whitelist etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Possibility to add score to the SG Your personal Spam Quarantine Report

When looking at the mail you can release or blacklist a mail. A user can not see why the mail is hold until he/she logs on to the security gateway. In this way the action of the user can be a risk for your organization when he/she deploys the message and reads it. By adding the score in your report the user can be aware what to do with the message. When a mail is marked as spam the user can logon to security gateway and look into the transcript (if he understands that). An administrator can also do this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. more details about whitelist / blacklist entry

when i go to whitelist / blacklist, there are entries with comment "Added from message log", it would be better if you add date when it was added so we would know if entry has been created recently or long time ago. I usually add date in comment so when someone asked me when it was blacklisted or whitelisted, i dont need to rely on my memory or email request when it was done.

maybe add "who" created it if entry is created for domain or global admin level.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?