Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

36 results found

1. Remote Mail Delivery Based on Domain (SecurityGateway)

In "Remote Mail Delivery" this should be a configurable option based upon the outbound domain just like many other features can be set based upon domain.

Additionally, you should be able to have multiple Remote Mail Delivery servers which will be prioritized to be used in the order in which you've added them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. manual or off-line license activation

We would like to off-line activate licenses, because there is no internet connection.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to allow offline activations for SecurityGateway.  SecurityGateway's primary purpose is to filter email to and from the internet. so we would like to better understand your use case. Can you provide additional details about what you are hoping to accomplish with SecurityGateway in an offline environment?

Thanks,

Arron

3. Ablity to hide feature from Domain Admins

Need the abilty to limit what domain admins see in the GUI. It would be nice to limit them to just users, block and allow list and log files.

We use scripts to handle everything. I do not need admins in messing with the DLP and content filtering. Some of the other security settings do not need to be accessed by domain admins, I can provide more information on other sections that need to be hidden,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. void nagging "loading..." frame

in the web interface
    the "loading" rame overlay results really noisy (not sure about the translation, in italian "Caricamento in corso")
    Usuallly waiting for it nags me
    - at login, I don't need statistics if I'm just going to a settings or message queues
    - opening message queues, most of the times I'll do a search (at least to limit the date/time), so I don't need to wait loading the whole message database

IDEAS:
    - instead of overlying the whole page, ovelay just the loading part (the statistics images, or the message list) so that refreshing that part stops loading…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to make SecurityGateway faster.  There is currently an option to not load the graphs automatically.  You can change it by going to My Account / Settings.  Depending on what is slowing down the login, this may or may nnt help.  If its something else causing the login to be slow, you can try a backup and restore of the SecurityGateway database.  This process cleans up system information and can reduce the size of the database. We will look into options for improving login performance for a future version.

Thanks,

Arron    

5. X-SGOrigin-Country

X-SGOrigin-Country as a search parameter in the message log.
    Also dedicated a column in message log for it by country name and flag indication.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to customize colors and layout of gui

I would like the ability to customize webpage colors for our SG pages. Our logos clash with the ugly green that is the Security Gateway webpages for our portal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Save Search Criteria in Security Gateway

I do several searches many times throughout the day on our SGW server and it is time-consuming to put in the search criteria each and every time. I know that save search criteria is available on Mdaemon, but I'd like to see it available on the SGW product as well.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Security Gateway license purchase

Why isn't possible to buy multiple years support like in MDaemon Mail Server and its connected components?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. more details about whitelist / blacklist entry

when i go to whitelist / blacklist, there are entries with comment "Added from message log", it would be better if you add date when it was added so we would know if entry has been created recently or long time ago. I usually add date in comment so when someone asked me when it was blacklisted or whitelisted, i dont need to rely on my memory or email request when it was done.

maybe add "who" created it if entry is created for domain or global admin level.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Move messages from admin quarantine to user quarantine

Ability to move messages from admin quarantine to user quarantine.

Some messages that appear in admin quarantine don't always require admin action. But it is not always clear whether the user would wish to receive the message. Ideally have the ability for an admin to move a message to user quarantine - to allow the user to make the decision on whether to release / delete / whitelist etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show summary reason of Junk in Statistics Report

Statistics Report shows an amount of Junk messages processed. For Security awareness it would be great to have an additional table/report which shows a summary of reasons (top 10?).
    If a message is marked as Good, i presume the Result is Delivered and the Reason is Good.

In my case I have a lot of connection attempts in which the next reasons/results are the most common.
    Incomplete - No Mail Sent
    Rejected - Location Screening
    Rejected - Dynamic Screening
    Rejected - HELO Lookup
    Rejected - Blacklisted
    Released - Callback Verification
    Rejected - DNSBL

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us, to have a breakdown of the Junk email report. Is the Junk breakdown report what you are looking for?

Junk Email Breakdown—This report displays the total of all junk email, categorized by type, for the selected Domain during the Date Range specified in the report. Junk email is categorized into six types: Spam, Virus, Spoofing, Abuse, Incomplete, and User. The Incomplete category is for all sessions where a timeout occurs or the client closes the socket or issues a quit command before sending the data. SMTP probes fall under this category. The User category is for Blacklists, Content Filter Rules, Attachment Filtering, and custom Sieve Scripts. The remaining categories refer to their corresponding Security sections. The table below the graph contains columns for each type, and each row corresponds to the Summary time period by which the report is delineated (hours,…

12. search

A search option on the Domains list page, I have over 1300 domains and its not easy having to scroll through all the pages when trying to find a domain

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhance quarantine portal

Currently the quarantine portal displays the "friendly name", and if you choose to whitelist or blacklist it is the friendly name that is used. Sometimes with malicious or spam e-mails; it is the from that needs to be blacklisted (or possibly the sending IP address). But there is currently no easy way to blacklist (or whitelist) either of these two fields from the portal. You need to goto the transcript copy the relevant values and then goto the security tab of the portal to blacklist the relevant value.

Ideally if this could be done from the quarantine section directly (or…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Possibility to add score to the SG Your personal Spam Quarantine Report

When looking at the mail you can release or blacklist a mail. A user can not see why the mail is hold until he/she logs on to the security gateway. In this way the action of the user can be a risk for your organization when he/she deploys the message and reads it. By adding the score in your report the user can be aware what to do with the message. When a mail is marked as spam the user can logon to security gateway and look into the transcript (if he understands that). An administrator can also do this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Implement an administrative Enable/Disable option for the "automatic whitelisting feature” for user conversations

Just imagine a user starts to correspond with a SPAM address for what reason ever (released from quarantine e.g.).
    Because of this “convenient feature” from this time on all future conversations sent to that user from this specific address most of the security checks are automatically(!) “disabled” because of that “automatic whitelisting” feature. Sorry, but that’s a security evil function!
    Currently from administrative point of view there is only the option to set “default settings”, but can be changed anytime by the user….
    That is – from security point of view – absolutely dangerous! Because once whitelisted a lot of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Login using the DA's name instead of the email address

Add a "$ACTIVEDIRECTORY$" macro in "User Verification Source" to authenticate using the name of the AD instead of the email address

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add one option into Security Gateway for remote mail delivery

The MDaemon mail server has three options for remote mail delivery.
    But Security Gateway just have two options, they are:
    Always send all outbound email directly to the recipient's mail server
    and
    Always send every outbound email to the server specified below

We need increase the option like Mdaemon mail server.

Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Differentiate between Enabled and Disabled Users

When you click on 'Domain and Users" the domain list shows total number of users for each domain. It would be helpful if it would separate that out to show the number of users that are enabled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Release Tab and Delete Tab Locations

Either move the Release tab in Message Queue Quarantine (User_ and Quarantine (Admin) from beside the the Delete Tab or add a confirmation popup that states you are releasing selected emails for delivery.

Since the Release and Delete tabs are next to each other there have been several occasions that emails have been released for delivery instead of deleted.

A confirmation on the Release tab should be done regardless.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Whitelists for individual features.

In addition to the global whitelist in SG, I would like to have individual whitelists for each feature. I may need to allow one person to bypass the antivirus or content filter or prevent them from being tarpitted. Currently I have now way of allowing this without bypassing everything by putting them in the whitelist.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?