Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. Allow the installation of the Email storage directory to another drive

When installing Mdaemon the mail store default to the same drive where Mdaemon is installed and this is very limiting. It would be very interesting if you are allowed to store mails on a separate drive either on the native disk or on a network share.

Waht do you think?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

The current version of MDaemon is capable of storing email on a separate drive. To configure the default location for mailboxes in MDaemon 13.0.4 go to Accounts / Account Settings. Expand the New Account Defaults section and select Mailbox. In the Mail folder template field enter the path where you would like mailboxes stored. This path will be used as a template for all new mailboxes that are created so it is important to use variables such as $DOMAIN$ and $MAILBOX$ to ensure that each mailbox is unique. If you would like to change the path of existing mailboxes you can do so by going to Accounts / Account Manager. Select an Account and click on Edit. Select Folder, Attachments, Groups from the left menu and in the Mail folder field enter the path you would like the account to use for the mailbox. After…

2. Forgot password

Add in Worldclient the option "Forgot Password" like in Secure Gateway.
    So if I don't remember my password, there is a way so see it in my mobile phone or outlook mail client.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Folder - right click

To create an new folder we have to pass by the OPTIONS menu, would it be possible to create one by clicking right on the principal folder? (same as Outlook)
    thanks

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Return back to the top of the list

Hello,
    As a daily worldclient user, the most complicated thing is the return back to the top of the email list.
    I mean whatever changes I do on an old email from my box, automaticly it returns me to the top of the list. Here below some examples:

when you pass an email from "read" to "unread"
    when you delete an old email
    when you classify in a folder an old email
    For all these examples the page is updated and it returns back to the head of the list with the most recent email.
    It makes me accumulating all…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Import for .ics files

It would be really helpful to import .ics files in to calendar from the WC. Further more it would be nice to have an import-button within the calendar view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SPF and Sender ID Option to Evaluate the FROM Domain

Currently, SG only evaluates SPF and Sender ID using a hidden "MAIL FROM" value in the protocol. It would be really nice if the EMail Domain displayed in all of the Message and Quarrantine logs and search options could be used for the SPF evaluation. After all, it is the Visible FROM Email Address impersonation that causes end users to open email from invalid senders. We are having trouble with malware email being sent from infected PCs where the MAIL FROM domain matches the SPF - but the FROM displayed to the users is totally impersonated.

Another option to increase…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Send meeting requests in icalander format as default

IT would be VERY useful to have the option "Send Meeting requests in iCalanser format" set as a enabled as default.

Not sending out in ical format causes issues with many mobile devices.

It would also be useful to have this option enforceable at the server side, rather than the client. MS Outlook 2010 has the ical format option enabled as default.

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Emails from blacklist address which arrive by Multipop go to Bad Queue instead of being deleted

When a message from a email address in blacklist user folder arrives to Mdaemon by Multipop, the message go to the Bad queue. But if the message arrives to Mdaemon by SMTP, the message is deleted. I think the message should be deleted also when it arrives via Multipop

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase the maximum length of account passwords in MDaemon

The new password paradigm in security circles is "longer is better" -- but MDaemon is limited to 15 chars max for user passwords. More please! Like maybe 25-30 max?

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  10. Reduce false positive by looking at Whitelist for OP filtering

Sometimes we have cases where one recipient cant receive from one well-known sender as it is rejected by means of OP-Spam-Filter.

In order to reduce false positive, wouldn't it be logic to bypass OP-Spam-filtering for these sender who are into IMAP personal white list?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  11. Logging into a Database instead of Log files.

I have developed my own application that periodically reads and parses all the MDaemon log data into a structured my-sql database by a php service. This service makes it possible to make a detailed analisis of mail traffic. Users can see which mails are rejected , and the detailed analisis can be done by the administrator. We can see top mail sender addreses, top mail sending hosts, top mail receving clients, top spam originators and so on. So, I can see the most efficient blacklists , and create my own blacklist on the firewall. This feature must be added in…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  12. Control OC parameters from the server side

If possible for the next version of oc, it will be great to control from the server side saome parameters acctually present in outlook connecor (database purge or not, compress or not, days to keep) and which folders needs to sync

Regards

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Worldclient Public Calendar

It might be useful to have a "Calendar Only" account (no email or options) that we could create a link to put on a website that goes right to a calendar. Some companies may have calendars they post on their websites for events or whatever. I have non-profits that could use this type of feature.

For example: a senior center maintains an activities calender in Mdaemon but then has to jump through hoops to get it to their website. If I could create a link on their website to open "Read Only" calendar, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Greg Keehfuss…

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. quota

Quota - Restrict how many email accounts per domain

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Global Administrators can restrict the number of accounts that can be created on a specific domain using WebAdmin. To find this option login to WebAdmin and click on Domains, then edit the domain in question. At the bottom of the properties page there is an option for “Limit number of users to.”

Thanks,

Arron

15. shared folders & Calendars for Macs using Mac Mail

shared folders & Calendars for Macs using Mac Mail

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notifications

We recently had some compromised accounts, and I was blissfully unaware until users brought it to my attention. I updated to the latest version to add the hijack detection, but sadly found no notification ability in that feature as well. I need to know when user accounts have been compromised and other important things like quota reports and hard drive status. Please put some notifications in the program. I usually don't worry about the mailserver, but now I feel the need for more informaiton.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Favorites in WorldClient

In case of shared folders from different accounts, it would be an enormous advantage to set them as favorites. It takes too long to navigate into the different shared folders every time you log in the Web Mail System.

Once using MS Outlook this feature is available and of great help. Our colleagues would highly appreciate to use this feature in the WorldClient too.

Manually set favorites would be great, keep them in sync with MS Outlook would be even better.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix SpamAssassin so that it can process multiple messages at once

Currently Mdaemon processes messages through MDSPAMD one at a time, even though there are settings in MD that suggest you can set how many are processed at once. On a medium to high volume server, processing one at a time causes the messages to pile up very quickly. Even with finely tuned SA rules, it still can cause a signficant backup. Often we see it taking over a minute to process a message through MDSPAMD (even though the MDSPAMD logs show that the messages are actually moving through within a few seconds). Logs show they are just going through one…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow creation of custom event labels/categories in the calendar to more easily track complex calendars

Allow creation of custom event labels in the calendar to more easily track complex calendars. There are a limited amount of options/colors/labels and some of our calendars are very complex and it would be very convenient to be able to create custom labels and color code the events.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Local administration client that allows multiple sessions and more flexibility than webadmin.

The webadmin is decent but lacks features and flexibility. This makes management of the domain tricky when trying to allow more than one person to make changes to the system at any given time. A local client that acts a bit more like the mdaemon gui and allows multiple sessions would be invaluable to managing and scaling the email system.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We have constantly been updating MDaemon Remote Administration to make it more flexible and provide the same functionality as is available in the MDaemon GUI. We’ve also added the ability to more easily add groups to mailing lists while using Remote Administration.

If you have additional improvements you’d like to see in Remote Administration, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Arron

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base