Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. Statistics Event Notification

It would be very helpful if the statistics manager can send notifications when a specific statistic has reached a predefined value. For instance, if the Dynamic Screening statistic reaches 2000 hits for today, I would like to get a notification. Currently I only know that I have suffered an attack after the event.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  2. Link DNS Block List to IP Screen

Most failed smtp authentication attempts the, IP is already on Spamhaus or other block lists. Can the incoming IP not be checked against the DNS Block List higher up the stack, thus preventing the Auth attempt.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello Owen,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. You can already configured the DNS BL lookups to occur higher up in the stack. In MDaemon under Security / Spam Filter / DNS-BL, Settings, uncheck the box for “Skip DNS-BL processing for authenticated sessions.”

Thanks again,
    Arron

3. NTLogonName=, in GUI please!

When using AD authentication with MDaemon, it's most likely that the AD user account in Windows is NOT the same as the "Mailbox name" in MDaemon mail account editor.

Right now I can only fix this by editing the NTLogonName= in the hiwater.mrk file for each user.

I want this in the GUI, when activating the dynamic auth by entering "\domainname" as a user password, I want another box in the GUI to enter this users AD name, without being forced to edit the hiwater.mrk manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sieve Scritp: How to recognize multiple sender

Sender must be ONE. When I see multiple sender this is sure fake mail

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We have experimented with comparing the Return-Path and the From headers and found that it causes many legitimate emails to be flagged so we have chosen to not implement the option. With that being said, there is a SpamAssassin rule that compares the Envelope From and From domains. If you’d like, you can increase the score for the HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS rule by editing the local.cf file.

Thanks,
    Arron

5. Spam marking

When we mark any email as "This is spam" in WorldClient, it should move to public spam folder (where Bayesian engine can process it) instead of moving to Deleted Items.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could you add last connect with webmail and last connect with active sync

Hello
    In the main control of user, there's fields under screen, box created and last access of users. Could you add last webmail access and last activesync access. i need to know hows numbers of webmail users access. it would be great
    thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Cyril,

Thank you for sharing your idea to track the last ActiveSync and last WebMail access for accounts. This information is currently tracked and available in the hiwater.mrk file in the users mailbox directory. The last logon time for ActiveSync can also be found in the Account Settings under ActiveSync for MDaemon / Clients.

Thanks,
    Arron

7. Email save button in Log view

Could we add a button to save locally a mail (EML of MSG format) from the Log View page
    Thanks
    Eric

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Monitor services from webadmin

In webadmin, we can't monitor smtp/pop3/imap service, it would be nice if we can start/stop smtp/pop3/imap service from webadmin

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it possible to block complete countries via "shielding".

Make it possible to block complete countries via " IP shielding". 90 % off the world I or my customers don`t want to receive "mail" from. Some countries are really known for their hacking teams and some countries are known for spam. Blocking complete countries secures my email server much more than using blacklists. Also it reliefs mdaemon from pllowing through all the spam etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us.

If you only want to block inbound SMTP sessions you can use a DNSBL such as http://countries.nerd.dk to block connections by country.

To block all inbound connections from specific countries you can import htaccess or APF files that include the IP allocations for each country and importing them into MDaemon’s IP Screening list. These files are available online and can be found with your favorite search engine.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Arron

10. Ability to store emails on server in encrypted format

please make a ability to encrypt stored emails ( on the server) as they can be opened using text editor,
    also disable the ability of administrator be able to open emails by right clicking on queues--> mailbox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Save and Save and Close Button

Currently there is a "Save" button when composing a new message. Unfortunalely this Button Saves and Closes the Item currently edited, which is not what a user wants when clicking "Save". So I would Suggest to rename this button in "Save and Close".

Then we could add a second button "Save" which does only the save and the Item currently edited remains open.

Regards
    Christian

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Calendar Subscription to WorldClient

A Customer wished to add foreign Calendars to his WorldClient (as he did in Google Calendar).

Regards
    Christan

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Time-delayed e-mail delivery

In the Word client, create the possibility to allow time-delayed sending of e-mails
    The server then sends the e-mails at the selected time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. easy migrate or install into a UNC Shared folder or folders into a Nas or SAN resource

I have a lot of free space into my SAN or into other shared drive ( in a storage server)
    But i don't want to reinstall my Mdaemon again because i need some more space.
    I think that it's a good idea to have the program on a server phisical o virtual and his folders ( mailboxes or all) into a UNC shared folder in my network.
    I wait for this fom a lot of years.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add time-based un-freeze of frozen accounts

In screening > dynamic screen we have a setting for 'Maximum authentication failures allowed in a mail session'.

This setting in turn has a sub-setting of 'Freeze accounts that exceed the max authentication failures allowed'.

It might be useful to be able to have the account un-frozen automatically after a user-defined period of time as some of our accounts get frozen out over a weekend which can be problematic.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Worldclient - use the same alias for compose, reply and forward message

Have the possibility to use the same alias as set on "default from address" (when composing..) option also on reply and forward messages.
    IMO should be set as default, but could be fine to have an option to set anyway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Replace Kaspersky

Stop "monitoring the situation". REPLACE the Kaspersky AV with another vendor. This should be a top level priority.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  18. Some Improvement in Dynamic Screening Logs

The improved Dynamic screening with v17.5 is great. One lack is that the IP addresses for SMTP, WC and AS authentications from any external access only show as the internal address of the firewall. IMAP authentications show the actual remote address correctly!

Would it be possible to have all the protocols show the true external addresses? That is much more informative for security analytics!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. subaddressing

Subaddressing should be revised. It should be made independent of the feature that allows to specify the folder to send the mail to.

Even if the folder does not exist, it should simply deliver to the Inbox, at least optionally.

Use case: I like to use subaddresses to find out who sold my data. :) So when requesting trial versions, newsletters, etc. I'd like to use a different suffix every time, user+trial1@com.pany, user+news2@com.pany, and when this address gets used by anyone else, I know where it's coming from. And I might be able to block it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to update sub addressing to accept a message even if the folder does not exist. This is already possible by creating an alias for your account such as "user+*@com.pany = user@com.pany. By adding this alias you will essentially have an unlimited number of email addresses that will route to your account. This may result in an increase in unwanted email.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us.
    Arron

20. Mailing List Manager add users

When you add new users to an existing mailing list, the default view is to show all domains expanded and none of the users that are already members of that mailing list are selected.

Could you change this so that all domains are minimised so that you only have to expand the domain you are interested in and secondly could it show the existing users that are already members. This makes it easier to see if someone has been missed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base