Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. Export accounts to public address book semaphore

If i create an account with adduser.sem how do I add it to everyone automatically ?
    A semaphore would be useful.
    (Also could be run nightly for admins that forget the export !).

Joe

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your suggestion to export accounts to the public address book automatically. I just tested the latest version of MDaemon and when I added an account using a semaphore file the public contact list was updated.

Make sure the box for “keep contact folders up to date with MDaemon account data” is checked. This box can be found by going to Setup / Server Settings / PUblic & Shared Folders. If you are still having issues, I’d recommend contacting our support team for assistance. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

2. Make the "Forgot your password" link always available at login

I love the password reset link, but as far as I can tell it only appears AFTER a failed login attempt -- and then ONLY if the user has supplied a recovery email address. I've even taken to adding the [PasswordRecovery] section with RecoveryEmail=username@domain.com to quite a number of our user's User.ini file just to reduce their need to call the email administrator (me).

Can you make the "Forgot your password" link be present always in the WorldClient login page?

If that's a security concern perhaps turn webmail login into a two-step process where they input email address, click…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Martin,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to include the forgot password field on the login page even before the login attempt has failed. This is already done in the Mobile theme. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to do this in the WorldClient, Lookout, or Lite themes.

3. Delivery Receipt

When i send a mail with Request a delivery receipt, i get no reply from the recipient.
    Is there some configuration im missing out?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your question. There is nothing that requires a mail server to respond to a request for a delivery receipt. The option to respond is optional in MDaemon. If the server that you are sending to is an MDaemon server, make sure you have it configured to respond to the request. You can check this by going to Setup / preferences / headers, make sure ‘Respond to all ’Return-Receipt-To’ requests is enabled.

I’d also recommend checking the email to make sure the client you are using is actually including the header. You can do this by freezing the local or remote queues in MDaemon, sending a test message and then opening the message in Notepad. Look for a "Return-Receipt-To’ header in the message.

If the mail client is including the header, then either the receiving server is not responding to it, or the receiving server is having…

4. App password management

It would be nice if the app password can also be manage by domain admin via MDRA. For now only the global admin can manage the app password.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to allow domain administrators to manage app passwords.  This is already possible in MDaemon 21.5.0.  Make sure administrators are using two factor authentication when logging in or turn off the option that requires two factor auth by going to Accounts / Account Settings / Other / Passwords.  If you are still having issues, please contact our support team for further assistance.  All of our support options can be found at www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,

Arron

5. Block fake domains and dynamic IPs

Block fake domains and dynamic IPs
    We are still getting a lot of spam now. Many of them are fake domains, and many are using dynamic ip links to our servers.
    Although mdaemon has some ways to block, but mdaemon has a warning prompt, which is easy to block by mistake.
    Is there a better technology to block this fake domain name and dynamic ip?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to block fake domains and dynamic IPs. There are features included in the current version of MDaemon can do this.  To block fake domains use Reverse Lookups found under Security / Security Manager / Security Settings / Reverse Lookups.  To block dynamic IP addresses you'll need to use a DNS BL list that includes dynamic IP ranges such as zen.spamhaus.org.  You can configure DNS BLs by going to Security / Spam Filter / DNS-BL / Hosts.  If you'd like further assistance, please contact our support team directly.  All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,

Arron

6. jag vil komma i kontakt med er har en fråg

behöver hjäp med att veta server portar till mitt e mail jag vill änka mina mail till gmail o outlook portnummer jag skriver stämmer ej hälp mej tack

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Easy to make manage publish pgp

I feel that I use PGP or not convenient, I can't automatically find the other party's encryption key, I can't release my key to public places.

i see has keys.openpgp.org sevice.
    Whether we can automatically link this service and we can make publishing server features ourselves.

and hope add ecc key supported.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to make it easier to retrieve keys. MDaemon is already capable of collecting keys that are published in DNS, trading keys using webmail, and trading keys via SMTP.  Here is some more information from the help file.

You can find more information on these topics in the help file by searching for MDPGP.

Thanks,

Arron

8. o365 Verify Users Guide is completely wrong(real guide below)

1. Open PowerShell
    2. Use one of the following commands to connect to the AD Azure tenant. a. Office 365 Worldwide (+GCC) • Connect-MsolService -AzureEnvironment AzureCloud b. Office 365 Germany • Connect-MsolService -AzureEnvironment AzureGermanyCloud c. Azure China Cloud • Connect-MsolService -AzureEnvironment AzureChinaCloud
    3. Enter the Office 365 administrator credentials when prompted.
    4. (Optional) Enter the following command to review a list of existing service principals. • Get-MsolServicePrincipal
    5. Enter the following to create a new service principal. • $principal = New-MsolServicePrincipal -DisplayName 'SecurityGatewaySP' -ServicePrincipalNames @("SecurityGatewaySP") -Type Password -Value 'useapasswordofyourchoicehere' -StartDate (Get-Date) -EndDate (Get-Date).AddYears(1) o The service principal object will…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delete all attachments or multiple attachments from an email with one click

From a Browser interface MDaemon gives the user the ability to delete individual attachments from emails. We often have emails with multiple attachments. Deleting the attachments one at a time can be time consuming.
    Can you consider adding the ability to select multiple attachments or all attachments from the same email and delete them with a single action.
    If the email has been sent using inline attachments, it is not possible to delete the inline attachment from the received mail. If you forward the email, it is possible to delete the inline attachments before sending. This is not practical for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  10. Windows Server SMTP relay

I am looking for a direct light weight replacement for Windows Server SMTP relay. MS has discontinued support (and it no longer functions) for SMTP on Windows Server 2022. I and many other companies need this simple tool for relay messages from systems like Integration services, etc.. The old SMTP did work up until Server 2019. We are now using Office 365 and you must authenticate so the relay can be setup that way on the server up until Server 2019. Also we only need to send email to a smart host not receive it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Exclude mailing list from Everyone mailing list

Exclude mailing list from Everyone mailing list

It would be nice to have an option to exclude a mailing list from Everyone mailing list, the same way it is used in normal email accounts.
    The mailing list may contain members outside of the email domain, so it is not good to make company announcements known to third parties

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. DNSBL Match IP

DNSBL should have match IP definition to detect positive, negative of fault response.
    For instance, spamhaus might return 127.255.255.254 while DNS error existed, but mail gateway would detect it as a positive response.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hide internal servers

An option for hiding internal servers from outgoing email header.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to hide internal server.

This behavior is enabled by default, it is not an option.

SecurityGateway will mask out IP address, PTR lookup results, and local machine when the IP is local or the IP is that of a domain mail server, or when the message comes in via an authenticated session.

Thanks,

Arron

14. Statictic summary monthly report for total outgoing email and total incoming email, monthly total email per user (incoming and outgoing)

Could MDaemon provide summary report for :
    1. Total incoming email per month?
    2. Total outgoing email per month?
    3. Total incoming email per user per month?
    4. Total outgoing email per user per month?
    5. Is it possible if the report can be exported to excel or notepad?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This is all possible using the reports provided in Remote Administration.  You'll want to make sure you have the statistics collection enabled.  This can be found by going to Setup / Server Settings / Logging / Statistics Log. Make sure the box for Create Statistics Database is enabled.  Be sure to set the cleanup options are enabled and set appropriately for your environment.  The more data you keep, the larger the Database will get and the slower it will perform, so I would suggest not keeping too much data. 

Arron.

15. AD Connector

I wish it was a small program and it could pair AD User/Group to MDAEMON User/Group with each other.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Department accounts

It would be nice to have department accounts with associated mailing lists with same name. The department can send emails with replies going to all members of department. For now we IMAP to send / reply but it's clumsy.
    Even better if the mailing list can have the account as member.
    Various managers ask for something like this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. current date

What about adding access to the parsed values of X-MDArrival-Date header for content filtering rules (accessing dow, day, month, year) and enbaling numercial tests. This would allow for rules to be triggered on certain day of weeks, or for a given timestamp.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  18. nextcloud integration

SENDENT company create an exchange connector in order to link : Nextcloud Server with Exchange via EWS (Exchange Web Services).
    I want to know if possible for mdaemon server connect to nextcloud server (calendar, mails) with this kind of connector.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to integrate with NextCloud.  From what I have read, NextCloud is able to synchronize mail using a build in IMAP client.  And it can synchronize Calendar and Contact data using a built in DAV client.  MDaemon has an IMAP and webDAV server built in, so you should by able to synch data from MDaemon to next cloud, although I have not tested it.

Thanks,

Arron 

19. Public folder post/message notification (Short Summary) to Users group

Each time when any update post (email) available to public folder It should just send notification like summary instead full message with attachment : This will save Inbox size (attachment) and avoid duplication.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. to have less buttons in the tab

Hello

I think it could be better to have less buttons on the tab, and also have text, instead icons.
    Actually i think there are too many...

just have same text as outlook:

"New message" answer, answer to all, transfert, delete send/recevied. and maybe flag/categorie

"icons not necessary:
    -copy/past
    -transfert in attachment
    -precedent/next
    -show source
    -not read
    -clean draft
    -spam or not spam

Show or not show pane could be into options category

Regards

0 votes
    Vote