Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. I'd like to be able to choose wich dns server securitygateway uses when it

I'd like to be able to choose wich dns server securitygateway uses when it delivers mail and do lookups, today it uses the dns from Windows network settings, Id like to be able to enter for example my isps dns in SecurityGateway. I Think Mdeamon has this functionality.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Have the option to have users that can only send SMTP mail from local IP Addresses

Much like the option that a user can only connect to IMAP from local IP Addresses, this would help stop accounts being attacked and will help protect your MDaemon server from anyone that finds out a users password Only mobile users would need to be able to send from outside known addresses.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  3. OC: show the user mail contingent in oc ribbon/button row

in wcpro users can see the percent of their mail contingent avaible. users can not see this in outlook connector... there build a button which shows the available mail contigent left

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Encrypt passwords for the users so Admins are only able to reset, not export a plain txt list.

We do use the ability to export all the passwords occasionally (in Webadmin), but every time we do it, it just feels like a vulnerability waiting to be exploited. Seems so 2007. I would prefer to see passwords on lockdown.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Account Settings > Aliases

On the server interface improve the Aliases section in the Account Settings dialog to include searching, filtering by domain, and ability to update an alias without having to delete it first.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support of PFS (perfect forward secrecy) in the build in webserver

I am paranoid and love security. As I am using official certificates and would like to be able to use perfect forward secrecy in the built in web server. I believe it is great extension of SSL security.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow remote images for trusted senders

Many emails include links to pictures and WorldClient displays:
    Remote images were blocked. Click here to view them.

That's fine for spam and other unwanted email, but what about legitimate email that I get daily from friends and companies?

Most email apps have a way to remember these users so I don't have to show images all the time, but I couldn't find it in WorldClient. I tried adding to Contacts and adding to Whitelist, but neither helped.

Suggest a checkbox or something to allow remote images for this sender.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Protect third party

At least access to gpec and mailstore can be protected by dynamic screening, which is done via mdaemon users.

And mdaemon to integrate third-party programs has a thread in which it writes the script for integration and appears in menus in mdaemon.

Clearly they have to develop them and anyway it applies to users who have been in contact with the mail server.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. This is already possible. Dynamic Screening includes a publicly available API, although I don’t believe it has been documented. If any software vendors would like to access MDaemon’s Dynamic Screening functionality they will need to contact us so that we can provide the documentation.

Thanks,
    Arron

9. Daily administrator report email to summarise over-quota and near-quota accounts (global for postmaster and per-domain for domain admins)

With users storing more and more in the "cloud", quota management is becoming a bigger issue. It would help to pro-actively manage this with users if a daily report email summarised those accounts that are over- or nearing their quota limit.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Send an email to admin account when local and remote queue reach high levels.

We have a high volume mail server. If spam processing is slow, mainly due to the dns available yes, no, test feature - mail gets really backed up. It would be helpful if MDaemon could send a message to the admin warning of 300 messages in the local or remote queue, then remind every additional 100 messages. Send these notification messages to the top of the queue so they go out immediately.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reminders pop-up in WC

At present there is no way to view overdue reminders in WC. It would be great if there was a pop-up like Outlook - or even a hyperlink in the WC ribbon that showed the number of overdue reminders. Clicking the link would take you to the list.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Domain Admins to manage Spamtrap queue or Release tagged spam

A Domain Admin can see spam listed under the Public-Spam Trap from within WorldClient. Here the email can be tagged as Spam, forwarded, etc. but it cannot be Released.

Releasing legitimate email from the Spamfilter queue can only be performed by the Global Admin yet the Domain Admin can see all the spam - regardless of the domain - under the Public-Spam Trap.

At a minimum, if the Domain Admins can see the Public-Spam Trap under WorldClient then they should be able to see the Spamtrap Queue under Remote Administration.

-OR-

the ability to Release needs to be allowed from…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add two step authentication/two factor authorisation to WorldClient

I would like to see an option to add two step authentication to WorldClient.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. IP whitelist for "Require Two-Factor Auth"

I'd like my users to use 2FA in public area. From my own LAN, 2FA should not be required.

2FA is very important. But the combination of a local IP or trusted IP (from a white list) is also a kind of 2FA.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Drag and Drop attachment support in MDaemon's web mail feature, WorldClient

I would like to have the ability to drag and drop attachment onto email messages in WorldClient and have them attached to the message.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. additional parameters in contact search

In world client, contacts, there is currently only a search for contact. Would it be possible to add additional options to search for matching in company field

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. create MSI's of OC with personnalized parameters on mdaemon side

It would be great if we can create msi oc files; with specifics parameters we would like to keep or enter;

ex: unchecked download headers, parameters for database purge etc...

Actually It's painfull to modify them, it would be better to make msi withmy own parameters

Maybe it could be possible into mdaemon server side, after setup the OC.exe, to have a windows with parameters available, and a button to create the personnalized msi oc file.

thanks

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ComAgent - Ability to quit definitively a group discussion

We are using a lot ComAgent IM internaly, and sometimes users have to create a group discussion (with many people or everyone) to get an information. Sometimes, it turn in jokes exchange and some other people want to be able to stop receiving this group discussion. If you close the window, the next time someone post to this discussion you keep getting the message.
    It would be nice to be able to QUIT the discussion.
    And on the other side it would be nice that the initiator of the discussion keep able to reinvite someone to the current discussion.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reduce false positive by looking at Whitelist for OP filtering

Sometimes we have cases where one recipient cant receive from one well-known sender as it is rejected by means of OP-Spam-Filter.

In order to reduce false positive, wouldn't it be logic to bypass OP-Spam-filtering for these sender who are into IMAP personal white list?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Send meeting requests in icalander format as default

IT would be VERY useful to have the option "Send Meeting requests in iCalanser format" set as a enabled as default.

Not sending out in ical format causes issues with many mobile devices.

It would also be useful to have this option enforceable at the server side, rather than the client. MS Outlook 2010 has the ical format option enabled as default.

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base