Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

146 results found

1. Origin country macro

We use $HEADER:X-MDOrigin-Country$ within the content filter rule 'add warning to top of massage'. Currently it comes up as DE EU, GB EU, US NA etc.
    Can this be expanded to just show the country name and not the short code? e.g. Germany, Great Britain, United States?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

There is no way to just show the country name in the X-MDOrigin-Country header.  If you'd like to use the country name instead of the country code, you'll have to translate the name from the country code to the name.  

Previously we showed the country name but it led to RFC violations, so we reverted to just using the country code.

2. MDPGP

Would be cool to have MDS/MIME like MDPGP with the same functions.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to incorporate SMIME functionality into MDaemon.  At this time we do not have plans to add this functionality.  We believe implementing SMIME in MDaemon will suffer from the same issues that PGP suffers from.  Most users that use PGP want end to end encryption (which is currently possible using a third party email client), if MDaemon is doing the encrypting and decrypting for you, it is not end to end. The users that are not concerned with it being end to end encryption, want something that is simple to deal with and doesn't take much work.  Even though we have implemented features to make key/certificate exchanges easier, in many cases it is still a manual process, which the users do not like.  

Thank you,

Arron

3. Per user message status flags in shared folders

Per user message status flags already exist for public folders. This feature should be extended to shared folders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to implement per user flags for shared folders.  Unfortunately we will not be implementing this functionality.  However, you can easily obtain per user flags by moving the folder from a shared folder to a public folder.

Thanks,

Arron

4. -SkipPortCheck

Good Afternoon, please add an option to select -SkipPortCheck on the Let's Encrypt PowerShell Update page in WebAdmin.

Currently the only way to run the update/renewal, using this argument, is through Windows Task Scheduler.

Thanks.
    Mark

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mailinblack similar solution

Similar email validation solution like Mailinblack.
    Directly integrated into Mdaemon and easily unlockable by users

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Known Sender Address Compare

I am not sure if this is even remotely possible given that people are using Mdaemon Webmail, Em Client, Outlook Connector, IPad Email etc as the email client, but if there is some way that this could be done it would make a huge difference in spam filtering.

Currently going round today is Bogus Boss emails where it says From "boss of my company", but the email address is abd543@gmail.com type thing. Unfortunately people don't look to see that the email address is different from the usual one. The person I was speaking to today literally had a legitimate email…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to compare the real name in the From field of inbound emails to information stored in contacts. We have considered doing this in the past and have chosen not too because it is too easy to get it wrong. For example, what if you have a contact for Bob Johnson, but Bob’s real name is Robert and the From address on his email says Robert. This is just one example, there are all kinds of valid reasons why the names may not match.

the best approach we have come up with so far is that MDaemon can adjust the from header to ensure that the user is always able to see the Real Name and the email address. Some clients hide the email address. However, this functionality only helps if the user is looking at the information in the From header.

Thanks again,…

7. Add the option in content filter that when a new message arrives in a mailbox to print the attachemnt

Add the option in content filter that when a new message arrives in a mailbox to print the attachemnt. I tried the "Extract the attachemnt to a file" option to send the attachment to LPT1 but that didn't work.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Dan

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Popup to ask to add Mdaemon Mobile Website to Mobile Phone Homepage

Would it be possible to make Mdaemon Webmail ask the user if they want to add a shortcut to their mobile phone screen on Android and Iphones Mobile Phones.

I really like the fantastic new design of the Mobile Gui and I wish to encourage users to use this now instead of setting them up on the mobile phone's default mail application. It would be extremely helpful though if users were automatically encouraged to save the Mdaemon Webmail as a shortcut on the homepage as many users are not good with IT.

Thank you very much for the fantastic new…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Finding a sender in the logs

I am having difficulty finding senders in the logs sometimes. We will get a call from someone saying that they can't send us an email because the email is being dropped by our server. I think that there are two causes to this.

Probably a security setting is causing the email to be dropped before the logs show the sender address?

Second example, I have found one example of an email that we were trying to find. The real email address is in the routing log, but not in the smtp-in log, so if this email got dropped for any…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your issue, unfortunately, I’m not sure what changes we can make in the software to make it easier to find these messages. You are correct, some of these are because of the difference in the sender, passed in the MAILFROM command during the SMTP session, and the actual From header that is displayed by email clients.

If would ever like a second set of eyes to help you figure out what is going on, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Thanks,
    Arron

10. Mobile Mdaemon Webmail Navigation Improvement

Whilst browsing the navigation, I feel that it would make more sense to use the Inbox/Calendar next to the 3 lines on the left to navigate within that tab. So for example, select the three lines and select Mail. Then select Inbox (next to the three lines) to change the email folder and navigate the email subfolders that way.

The same could be done for calendars or contacts. You could select Calendar or Contacts under the Three Lines and then next to the three lines click on Calendars or Contacts to select/unselect or view specific Contact Folders or Calendars. It…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Robert,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to adjust the folder navigation in the Mobile theme. Unfortunately, we will not be able to make the changes requested. However, we are continuing to improve the design and expand the functionality available in the new theme.

Thank you,
    Arron

11. Add new rules to local.cf file in Spamassin

I currently have the following rules in Spamassasin. I have my spam threshold set at 3.8 which is why I have the score at 4. The rules below have blocked emails with malware or **** links in them. To date I have never had a legitimate email fall foul of the rules below. I would recommend that Spamassin sets as default that if the URL is in the spamhaus, Barracuda etc blacklists that the email goes to the spam folder. We have not had one legitimate email affected by these rules below. Thank you.

score URIBLDBLABUSEMALW 4.0

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to adjust SpamAssassin scores by default. It is great that these adjustments are working well for you. Unfortunately, we will not be able to adjust the default scores as we have no way of knowing if the adjustments will work as well for other customers. SpamAssassin does an extensive analysis of spam and ham messages and sets the scores based on what they believe will work best for everyone.

Thanks again,
    Arron

12. Sending user Country Block

Mdaemon now has the ability to block countries which is great and I have found it very helpful in reducing spam and malware. However, the problem is as can be explained in this example.

A Russian Hacker sends me an email through his email server (which is in Russia). So his email gets blockd because I have Russia on the blacklist.

However, another Russian Hacker sends me an email through his email server (which is the US), so his email does not get blocked because I don't have US on the blacklist.

Is it possible to block based on where…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to block based on where the user is located. Even if we could find a reliable way to determine the location of the user sending the email, it could have negative consequences. For example, along with the Russian hacker that is sending email through a server in the U.S. you would also block legitimate business people that are traveling to Russia and sending through their corporate email server which resides in the U.S.

Thanks
    Arron

13. Ability to have IMAP Folders assign to group template for customization

hi
    it would be nice if we could have possibility to costomize the default's IMAP folder and attached it to any created groups's template.
    So that any new user created and assigned to that group will received the default IMPA's Folder

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for following up with additional information. Unfortunately, at this time we will not be able to implement the ability to force the creation of an IMAP folder in a mailbox and prevent the deletion of that folder. Depending on some specific details about what you are trying to accomplish there may be other options available to you, such as Public and Shared Folders. Another alternative would be to manually create the folder in the users mailbox and then alter the Windows ACLs for the folder so that it cannot be deleted by the account the MDaemon service is running under.

Thanks,
    Arron

14. Subfolder-Inbox should behave better

Inbox folder created under Main Inbox should Increment the number of email(new or note) according to mail existence in sub-folder Inbox.

Also On the summary page Inbox should also include new mail in sub-folder Inbox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use Geolocation as Modifier or Whitelist for Dynamic screening

Add an Option to use Location Screening as a Modifier or whitelist for Dynamic screening.
    Example: Change block duration for IP's if they come from a specific country (Users origin).
    Think of a botnet with dynamic IP's, and when a regular user gets such an "blacklisted" IP he could not connect, so i want these IP's not blocked as long as IP's from other countrys.

Other Option is a relaxed Settings for one ore more specific Countrys.
    Example: block after 15 Failed Retrys, while IP's from other countrys would get blocked after 5 Failed Retrys.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. for advanced search, make the default date range the last 12 months, instead of all time.

When an account with many emails, does an advanced search, the default date range seems to be from first email to last email date. The result is that thousands of emails are searched needlessly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MDaemon for Linux more specifically Debian variant.

I see it's been requested before and rejected but why not a Linux/Debian/Ubuntu version. Please, it's time to offer a Linux version!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug. Cannot set forwarding when using external database.

When MDaemon Email server is configured to external database, like Access. It is not possible to set forwarding after the account has already been set up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Letsencrypt script

Hello,
    It could be helpfull to have, in the LetsEncrypt configuration tab, the ability to set a before and an after script that would be executed before and after your script.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to allow the administrator to configure scripts to run before and after MDaemon run the LetsEncrypt script. Unfortunately we will not be able to add this to MDaemon. If you’d like this flexibility I would recommend creating tasks in Windows Task Scheduler to execute the LetsEncrypt script as well as the custom scripts you would like to execute.

Thanks,
    Arron

20. It's time for a Captcha

Hi team,
    It's now time for a Captcha on the MDaemon WorldClient Webmail service.
    I know it was raised 6 years ago, but times have changed since then.
    I am seeing up to 100's of false attempts a day on our webmail address.
    I've got it set to block an IP address for a full year after 3 fails, but yet I'm not seeing any diminishing hits.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to implement captcha on the Webmail logon page. Unfortunately we do not have plans to implement captcha because Webmail and Remote Administration already offer two factor authentication. If you would like assistance setting up two factor authentication please contact our support team for assistance. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base