Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. Block fake domains and dynamic IPs

Block fake domains and dynamic IPs
    We are still getting a lot of spam now. Many of them are fake domains, and many are using dynamic ip links to our servers.
    Although mdaemon has some ways to block, but mdaemon has a warning prompt, which is easy to block by mistake.
    Is there a better technology to block this fake domain name and dynamic ip?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to block fake domains and dynamic IPs. There are features included in the current version of MDaemon can do this.  To block fake domains use Reverse Lookups found under Security / Security Manager / Security Settings / Reverse Lookups.  To block dynamic IP addresses you'll need to use a DNS BL list that includes dynamic IP ranges such as zen.spamhaus.org.  You can configure DNS BLs by going to Security / Spam Filter / DNS-BL / Hosts.  If you'd like further assistance, please contact our support team directly.  All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,

Arron

2. add tls1.3 support

we have using windows 2022, we would like TLS 1.3 support for MDaemon

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. App password management

It would be nice if the app password can also be manage by domain admin via MDRA. For now only the global admin can manage the app password.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to allow domain administrators to manage app passwords.  This is already possible in MDaemon 21.5.0.  Make sure administrators are using two factor authentication when logging in or turn off the option that requires two factor auth by going to Accounts / Account Settings / Other / Passwords.  If you are still having issues, please contact our support team for further assistance.  All of our support options can be found at www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,

Arron

4. IP whitelist for "Require Two-Factor Auth"

I'd like my users to use 2FA in public area. From my own LAN, 2FA should not be required.

2FA is very important. But the combination of a local IP or trusted IP (from a white list) is also a kind of 2FA.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. FROM and REPLY should be changed when sending mail as an Alias address

Currently, if you configure your email client to send mail as one of your alias addresses (outlook can support this, as can many other email clients), the mail gets sent out looking like this:

From: Real User Name MainAddress@MyDomain.com On Behalf Of AliasAddress@MyDomain.com

It would be awesome to have an option that did the following two things:

Right now, I have to set the reply address manually, and I remove the "On Behalf Of" language of the FROM address.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to alter the From and Reply-To headers. These headers are set by the email client and functionality can vary based on the client you are using and how it is configured.

If you are unable to find configurations for Outlook that allow the “on behalf of” to be removed, you can use the content filter in MDaemon to alter these headers.

Thanks,
    Arron

6. Delivery Receipt

When i send a mail with Request a delivery receipt, i get no reply from the recipient.
    Is there some configuration im missing out?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your question. There is nothing that requires a mail server to respond to a request for a delivery receipt. The option to respond is optional in MDaemon. If the server that you are sending to is an MDaemon server, make sure you have it configured to respond to the request. You can check this by going to Setup / preferences / headers, make sure ‘Respond to all ’Return-Receipt-To’ requests is enabled.

I’d also recommend checking the email to make sure the client you are using is actually including the header. You can do this by freezing the local or remote queues in MDaemon, sending a test message and then opening the message in Notepad. Look for a "Return-Receipt-To’ header in the message.

If the mail client is including the header, then either the receiving server is not responding to it, or the receiving server is having…

7. Make the "Forgot your password" link always available at login

I love the password reset link, but as far as I can tell it only appears AFTER a failed login attempt -- and then ONLY if the user has supplied a recovery email address. I've even taken to adding the [PasswordRecovery] section with RecoveryEmail=username@domain.com to quite a number of our user's User.ini file just to reduce their need to call the email administrator (me).

Can you make the "Forgot your password" link be present always in the WorldClient login page?

If that's a security concern perhaps turn webmail login into a two-step process where they input email address, click…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Martin,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to include the forgot password field on the login page even before the login attempt has failed. This is already done in the Mobile theme. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to do this in the WorldClient, Lookout, or Lite themes.

8. Export accounts to public address book semaphore

If i create an account with adduser.sem how do I add it to everyone automatically ?
    A semaphore would be useful.
    (Also could be run nightly for admins that forget the export !).

Joe

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your suggestion to export accounts to the public address book automatically. I just tested the latest version of MDaemon and when I added an account using a semaphore file the public contact list was updated.

Make sure the box for “keep contact folders up to date with MDaemon account data” is checked. This box can be found by going to Setup / Server Settings / PUblic & Shared Folders. If you are still having issues, I’d recommend contacting our support team for assistance. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

9. Sync Active Directory users and contacts as public contacts

We are using Microsoft Exchange in parallel to MDaemon. It would be good to be able to sync all the AD users to the address book without creating MDaemon users for all of them. There should be a filter for which user objects MDaemon users are to be created, the others would just be synced as public contacts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to sync Active Directory users to the address book in MDaemon without creating accounts. This is already possible in the current version of MDaemon. To enable it go to Accounts / Account Settings / Active Directory / Authentication, properly configure the dialog so that MDaemon can access Active Directory and be sure to set the desired Contact Search Filter. Then go to the Monitoring tab and uncheck the box for Monitor Active Directory and create/update MDaemon accounts. Check the box for Monitor Active Directory and update public address book(s).

If you would like further assistance configuring this, please contact our support team. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support/

Thanks,
    Arron

10. Having a more thorough RegEx engine...

The rexex syntax available for content filtering could be extended to match the usual RegEx flavours which seem more complete...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Update from ACME v1 to ACME v2 for LetsEncrypt.

Update from ACME v1 to ACME v2 for LetsEncrypt.

Is it time to update the ACME v2 platform as the ACME v1 will officially be phased out.

https://letsencrypt.org/docs/client-options/
    "All of the following clients support the ACMEv2 API (RFC 8555). We’ll be entirely phasing out support for ACMEv1 soon. If you’re already using one of the clients below, make sure to upgrade to the latest version. If the client you’re using isn’t listed below it may not support ACMEv2, in which case we recommend contacting the project maintainers or switching to another client.
    This is the one referenced in the folder…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mark mail as Spam when using ActiveSync

I have users who connect to the server through ActiveSync. As far i can see they can not mark a message as spam for bayesian learning. I don't now exactly if it is possible but it would be nice a mail can be marked as spam on a client which uses activesync.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to enable ActiveSync Clients to mark a message as spam. Unfortunately, we can’t add a “Mark as Spam” button in the AS email clients are we do not control the client, as there is nothing in the ActiveSync specification to add a custom action such as this. However, there is a way to mark messages as spam or not spam. You have to enable the synching of public folders to the device and then the device can copy/move the message to the #Spam/#NonSpam public folders.

Thanks,

Arron

13. message preview

see the categories in the message preview

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to show categories in the message preview window. We have actually done this for the mobile theme. The mobile theme is actually a responsive theme that we have been developing to work on all browsers. It can be used on a desktop in the current released version, MD 20.0.4, however, in MDaemon 21.0.0 there were significant improvements in the functionality available. Once you have installed MDaemon 21.0.0, which is currently available to the beta team and should be available to the general public in the next month or so, please take a look at the mobile theme and let us know what you think.

Thanks,
    Arron

14. alphabetical ordering of categories

to simplify the assignment of one or more categories to an e-mail, it would be advisable to have the possibility to order the list of categories alphabetically.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Currently, the user is able to customize the sort order in webmail by going to Options \ Categories. If Domain Categories are enabled then the admin has control of the order of the domain categories. If domain categories are turned off, then the user has the ability to sort all categories that show up for the account.

Thanks,
    Arron

15. Save sent messages via smtp to worldclient-sent items

When using mdaemon smtp to send emails, the emails are not saved in Sent Items of worldclient.
    Like gmail when we sent email using outlook or smtp it automatically logs to sent items of gmail (accessible on mobile and desktop) in realtime.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

It is the responsibility of the email client that is sending the message to place a copy of the sent message in the sent folder. Make sure whatever client you are using to send the message is configured to use the same Sent message folder as MDaemon webmail. By default MDaemon webmail uses the Sent Items folder, some clients may use a different folder. You can customize the folder MDaemon webmail uses by logging into webmail and going to Options / Folders. If MDaemon webmail or some other client is not placing a copy of sent messages in the sent items folder and you would like assistance troubleshooting the issue, please contact our support team. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,
    Arron

16. I want to change the file name (or extension) of the attached file

We judge that the ZIP file is dangerous and change the extension of the file name to avoid the transmission restriction of the ZIP (eg ZIP-> ZI_) file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I’m not sure renaming zip attachments to avoid the file restrictions put in place by other administrators is the best solution, but you know your environment better than I do.

I wrote a powershell script that will do this for you. Please contact our support team so they can provide you the script and instructions for configuring it in MDaemon. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,
    Arron

17. security

it would be very useful to receive security bulletins on known vulnerabilities when you publish them by being able to subscribe to a mailing list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. If you have purchased through a partner, they should be notifying you when there is a security bulletin. We have also added your address to our list so the next time a security bulletin is sent you will also receive the bulletin from us.

Thanks,
    Arron

18. Filters on public folders

To be able to put filters on public folders having an email address, to treat spam and other automatic classification. As for user folders

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion of putting filters on public folders. There are no filters currently availalbe for hte public folders, however, there are two ways you can accomplish this in the existing version of MDaemon:

1. You can use the content filter to filter messages into sub folders of the public folders.
    2. Create an account and point the mailbox directory for the account to the path of the public folder. Then remove the submission address for the public folder. All of the filters for the account will be applied to messages.

Thanks,
    Arron

19. MDaemon Remote Administration Branding

Would it be possible to fully complete the Mdaemon Branding Process.

Secondly, the branding does not apply to the Web Admin Interface.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Location Screening authentication block list vs smtp block list

Currently I use Location Screening to block a number of countries, which blocks both smtp connections and authentication connections.

I would like the ability to block all countries outside our country for authentication connections whilst only blocking smtp connections for some countries. None of my clients travel, so blocking all countries (bar the one we live in) for authentication would really improve protection against foreign hackers attempting to compromise our email accounts.

Would it be possible to have two location screening lists - one for authentication and one for smtp connections?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base