Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. Ability to disable Voice Recording

Provide option to disable Voice Recorder function in webmail.
    Been trying to find the but seems like there is none.

We need to disable all webcam and voice recording functions due to strict requirements. This will definitely be an issue during security audits.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Password Reset

When setting up new users, I set account must change mailbox password before it can connect.

So what users have to do is type in the temporary password that I create and then it goes to a new page saying that you need to change the password before logging in and you first have to put in the temporary password then new password and confirm new password.

As they have just typed the temporary password in under their email address username, it is a: redundant to have to type it in again immediately and b: I have lost count of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  3. Message

Customize overview message. Now its only in englisch.

Also send a message a soon a message is set in quarantine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to be able to customize the quarantine reports. This is already possible by going to the SecurityGateway\Templates\ directory and creating a file named, custom_quarantine_report.xsl. I’d recommend copying the quarantine_report.xsl and naming the new copy custom_quarantine_report.xsl and then making the adjustments you’d like in the custom_quarantine_report.xsl file.

If you have any questions or if you would like further assistance, please do not hesistate to reach out to our support team. All of our support options can be found at www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,
    Arron

4. Provide Audit log for Mdaemon

Audit log should be available in Mdaemon mail server, so the user can check who last login to server and have done any amendment to users account. If more than one user has access to server and someone deletes or do some amendment, there should be a way to find out who is doing this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. In the current version of MDaemon, changes to accounts are tracked in the logs when the changes are made via MDaemon Remote Administration. If you are using MDaemon Remote Administration and the changes are not being logged, please contact our support team for assistance.

Thank you again,

Arron

5. File Activity

I recently ran a file activity monitor on the server MDaemon is installed on. I have some concerns with the frequency and amount of data that is being read from some of the files over and over and over again. My suggestion is that you check this out so that it can be optimized. Right now it seems less than optimal.

Here is one example:

Domains.ini is being read thousands of times per second.

I can see that these calls to disk are causing performance issues as the disk is busy doing unnecessary repetitive tasks of retrieving the same file…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. restricted login hours

Per Account Control of Login Hours to comply with new laws regarding after hours work and pay. The goal is simply to prevent a user from login outside of their designated time. Employees arriving early or leaving late, or working after hours should be something that can be restricted per user in order to deal with hourly versus salary rules, etc.. This must work across SMTP, World Client, POP, IMAP, etc..

https://www.foley.com/en/insights/publications/2017/08/offduty-emails-may-be-compensable-or-not

https://www.tsheets.com/flsa/7-deadly-sins/working-off-the-clock

https://newatlas.com/right-to-disconnect-after-hours-work-emails/55879/

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Tray,

Thank you for sharing your idea to add the ability to restrict the ability to login after hours. MDaemon already includes this functionality. To restrict the hours an account can authenticate, go to Accounts / Groups & Templates. Create a new group and assign an account to the group. Then select the group you just created in the Tree on the left of the dialog. Check the box to enable Do Not Disturb and click the button for Define Do Not Disturb schedule to configure the schedule.

If you’d like further assistance configuring Do Not Disturb, please contact our support team directly. All of our support options are available at http://www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

7. Email address copying from the subject field

Under LookOut theme's Inbox, in case you want to copy an email address from the subject/header of the email from the message preview board, it's not possible, because a multiple selection box appears with both side of clicks. Alignment does not work, so you have to click on "Compose email' first to be able to copy from the addressee field.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. split big email into small pieces

if user send email like more than 10mb split into 2mb, so easy to download, or if possible separate attachment, only if user want to open attachment than file will downloaded if not the attachment keep in server

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. We do not currently offer a means of breaking the email up into small pieces, this would require clients to also support this functionality, however, we do offer a feature called Attachment linking that I believe will accomplish what you are looking for. Attachment linking can be used to remove large attachments from emails and replace them with a link that can be used to download the attachment. If you’d like assistance configuring attachment linking, please contact our support team directly. All of our support options are available at http://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,
    Arron

9. Turkey time zone GMT+3

on system I see time zone for Turkey +2...
    2 years ago Turkey left to use day light saving. Please change +2 to +3.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Quarantine Scheduling

The current scheduler for Quarantine summaries is either Never, Every x hours, Daily or Weekly. The summaries are coming out just shortly after midnight and, since many people have e-mail on their cell phones, they are getting woken up and complaining. If we go into the settings and click on 'save' then the summaries can come out at a different time.

It would be nice to set an actual time or several like 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. black theme

We would love to have a black theme for Worldclient.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Whitelist toplevel domains

Any emails we get from top level domains such as .xyz or .biz.ua they are always spam. Sometimes the spam filter score is high enough to catch them, but otherwise they get through.

I would like to be able to whitelist top level domains such as uk, com, uk.com and .net and set a spam score high enough on all other top level domains to ensure that they go straight to spam or we could have the option to just simply drop the emails! This will depend on whether we actually get any legitimate emails from other top level domains.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. There are a couple different ways this can already be done in MDaemon. You can create a spamassassin rule to add points to any message that does not come from one of the original 7 tlds. Another option would be to use host screening to block all of the new tlds. Here is an example of a spamassassin rule that was written by a user and shared with the community.

I added an exclusion for the two letter country code domains as well. You can remove the _MY_DOTCC header line and remove the term from the sum in the meta line to remove it. The country code portion passes any two letter code, even if it is not valid.

Here is the rule you can add to local.cf. Score as you feel appropriate.

1. check for the original 7 top-level domains
    2. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_top-level_domains#Original_top-level_domains
      header __MY_DOTCOM…
  13. RelayFax POP3 TLS

RelayFax needs to support TLS 1.2 for POP mail.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auth failure notification

When a user makes too many failed login attempts their IP gets blacklisted, which is good. But there isn't any kind of notification to the user why they're blacklisted which causes user frustration. This behavior is true with WorldClient and other email clients.

For WorldClient (webmail) I propose a feedback notification, such as "Too many failed login attempts. Please try again in 10 minutes." based on the current MDaemon Auth Failure Tracking settings.

Could this also happen for the ActiveSync and desktop clients, too? There have been many occasions where a user calls me to complain they can't connect their…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. The current version of MDaemon allows you to send a notification to the user when their account auth failure count reaches a certain level. Ideally this would happen before their IP address actually gets blocked.

Adding further notifications that are accessible to the public would be dangerous. It would provide attackers with information they could use to defeat the system.

Thanks,

15. allow sorting of messages quarantined by "Reason" & message selection issue

allow sorting of messages quarantined by "Reason". Also, when selecting All messages on a "page" of those quarantined, even when I Just did a Refresh, I will find that at least one additional message than I selected will be added to the Blacklist, etc. I have over 99500 entries in my Blacklist. Tracking down the one that MIGHT be one we need to allow through is difficult, at best. I do a lot of Blacklist by Domain. So sometimes a Domain we NEED to receive from gets Blacklisted accidentally. Is there a way to make the system ONLY blacklist messages…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for requesting improvements to the sorting functionality and for reporting that extra addresses are being added to the blacklist. Unfortunately, I have not been able to replicate the behavior that you are describing. Please contact our technical support team so that we can investigate further.

Thanks,
    Arron

16. autoforward failed cause DMARC

I used autoforwarding to some of my user, but they cant always get email cause DMARC protocol set policy = reject. I hope on next update u can implemented DMARC forwarding. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to implement DMARC forwarding. Messages automatically forwarded to users on external domains should be able to pass DMARC as long as your SPF record allows the server doing the forwarding to send email for your domain and you have the option enabled for “Use local address in SMTP envelope when forwarding messages”, which is found under Security / Security Settings / Sender Authentication / SPF Verification. If the message has been DKIM signed, it should also pass after forwarding unless something was altered in the message to break the signature.

If you’d like further assistance with this issue, please contact our support team directly. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

17. displaying categories label

Please can we have possibility to make categories label/title displayed in whatever column view ? instead of having the category's color and label in tooltips.

The color can be the background of the label

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to make it easier to see the category of an item. There is a category column that can be added to your list view for messages, tasks, and notes to show the category selected for an item.

To add this column to the message list go to Options / Columns, and check the box next to categories for the desired item types.

If you would like further assistance configuring this please contact our support team for assistance. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

18. Postausgang erweitern um die Möglichkeit, an Smarthost zu senden und nur bei Problemem direkt an Empfänger

Unserem Mailsrever ist ein Gateway vorgeschaltet für Encryption/Decryption. Dieses Gateway wird auf der Ausgangsseite als Smarthost angesteuert. Für den Fall, dass das Gateway ausfällt, sollte der MD-Postausgang automatisch auf Direktversand umschalten. Konfigurieren lässt sich bisher aber nur der umgekehrte Fall: Ausgang zunächt direkt, bei Problemen via Smarthost. Lässt sich da was machen?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is possible in the current version of MDaemon. Go to Setup / Server Settings / Delivery, check the box for Treat default smarthost as a domain name and deliver to its MX hosts. Then create 2 MX records in the MXCache.dat file, one for the primary smart host to deliver to and one for the second smart host. Make sure to set the priority correctly on the records. Then restart MDaemon. If you’d like further assistance configuring this, please contact our support team. All of our support options are available at http://www.altn.com/support/

19. reminder

Allow for multiple reminders for a Calendar Item. Currently it appears that WorldClient and the CalDAV implementation only allows one reminder. But when using Mac Calendar App or adding an event through CalDAV on an iPhone, you can add additional reminder times, but they are not synced with the server.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Server Settings Ports for WCXMPP Server

List ports that need to be allowed through firewall, even if they are not configurable.
    Example World Client XMPP Server, Ports 7070 and 7443 need to be open in windows firewall so World Client doesn't get an error after login about instant messaging not being able to connect.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base