Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. Use of distribution lists

It would be great if, when sending 1 message to several lists, MDaemon could pre-load the recipients concerned and remove any duplicate(s) so that recipients present on several lists would not receive the message several times in their inbox.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  2. Control OC parameters from the server side

If possible for the next version of oc, it will be great to control from the server side saome parameters acctually present in outlook connecor (database purge or not, compress or not, days to keep) and which folders needs to sync

Regards

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  3. MDaemon Cloud

MDaemon Cloud.

Ability to create MDaemon Cloud across multiple servers using an universal URL for WorldClient as following or similar one. And a universal Public Contacts as well.

For example with four servers configuration when an incoming HTTP request arrive any one of the four server can reply however, for a user who doesn’t have a local mailbox, MDaemon will query other servers to discover the requested user account on one of them. If account is found, MDaemon will route the HTTP request to the server where the account is located.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Online Attachment Viewer

If You can add Online Attachment Viewer Without need to download files Locally and Open it on local Machine Such as PDF, Excel, Word, etc...

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Scheduled Upgrades (Please!)

It's very annoying to have to wake late at night to perform a version upgrade.
    We don't want our server go down and have our users complaining all together.
    It would be great to have something similar to "windows automatic updates" service.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Email Categories

Can we have email categories / tags / IMAP keywords that makes it easy to classify emails and share their categories, like Exchange & Outlook

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multicore MDSpamd

Under heavy load, MDSpamd used only 100/#cores % of CPU, means it's unable to use more than one core per time (seen with Windows 2003 x64).
    It would be great, since internally works using a multithread architecture, that could take full advantage of a multicore environment.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Traffic Charts, new screens: total of Mb Downloaded/Uploaded and bandwidth

Hi

Do you have the possibility to add two another screens into the new traffic charts, or is there already an ETA for them?

The first will be the total off MB downloaded and uploded by day.

the second will be the bandwidth use by day by mdaemon connexion

I would like to know what is the part of bandwidth use by mdaemon (Actually i have mdaemon, other servers and internet proxy on a same wan link), and i don't know if mdaemon use little or much more bandwith.

It could be helpfull to me to know the usage of…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Forgot password

Add in Worldclient the option "Forgot Password" like in Secure Gateway.
    So if I don't remember my password, there is a way so see it in my mobile phone or outlook mail client.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Logging into a Database instead of Log files.

I have developed my own application that periodically reads and parses all the MDaemon log data into a structured my-sql database by a php service. This service makes it possible to make a detailed analisis of mail traffic. Users can see which mails are rejected , and the detailed analisis can be done by the administrator. We can see top mail sender addreses, top mail sending hosts, top mail receving clients, top spam originators and so on. So, I can see the most efficient blacklists , and create my own blacklist on the firewall. This feature must be added in…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  11. Quota in a per domain basis

There is no way to establish a quota restriction in a per domain basis.
    We cant limit a specific domain to have mailboxes up to 1GB.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  12. 36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Flexibility in licensing model to accommodate for fail-over servers, or cluster discount

Some situations arise where mail servers are installed in a VM, and a copy of the guest instance to a redundant server, in the event that the primary goes offline.
    Unfortunately 2 identical servers, only possible difference being difference in MAC, IP & hostname, cannot run at the same time (usually a testing situation), and causes needless complexity in the activation (and could in fact invalidate both).

Only a single server of the 2 will be the active principal server at any given time, but such a scenario causes uncertainty as to the reliability of the setup, especially in an…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  14. Favorites in WorldClient

In case of shared folders from different accounts, it would be an enormous advantage to set them as favorites. It takes too long to navigate into the different shared folders every time you log in the Web Mail System.

Once using MS Outlook this feature is available and of great help. Our colleagues would highly appreciate to use this feature in the WorldClient too.

Manually set favorites would be great, keep them in sync with MS Outlook would be even better.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Password expiration

Password expiration. It should be a setting to require the users to periodically change their password and give them an reminder when the password are about to expire. When the password are expired the user should not be able to send mail and Worldclient should require a password change before opening the normal view.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  16. Extend the Auto Responder/Out of Office to allow for an "Every Day Between the Hours of X & Y" or similar

We have had several users who work Part Time and want to enable an auto response, every day to kick in when they finish early for the day. (i.e. finish at 3pm instead of 5pm). Currently the Auto Responder has to be reset every day, instead of being left to "Auto" :)

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  17. let´s encrypt support

Implementing of "Lets Encrypt" Certificates (www.letsencrypt.org) and automatic renewal of the certificate would be great.
    Would be a great step for easy using of ssl mechanism from MDaemon with trusted (not self signed) certificates.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  18. Overhaul signature system

Implement a fully functional Corporate signature system:
    1. Allows a full set of macros to be used so that a fully dynamic signature can be built rather than having to rely on on a mixture of both Outlook and MDaemon. Things like $FirstName$, $LatsName$, $JobTitle$, $PhoneNumber$, $Department$
    2. Allow macros to pull in Active Directory user data.
    3. Build in ability to position signature at the end of your reply rather than bunching them all up at the end of a long message thread... it looks very unprofessional!
    4. Perhaps in conjuction with the Outlook NewMail/Reply feature, use the CF…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  19. Calendar side by side

Hello

We use many share calendars in my office, and actually in lookout calendars are just "superposed", which il not usefull.

Is there a way or could you add a parameter by defaut to have calendars "side by side", when we select more than one.

Outlook 2007 can do the twice (superposed and side by side), but we prefer side by side.

I know that many calendars in the same time ,side by side make litte columns, but the main time, we need just to have 2-3 calendars side by side.

thanks

regards

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to schedule "Forwarding" Just like "Autorespond"

When you create an "Out of Office" Auto responder, you can schedule it to launch during a set window. A lot of times, our employees go on vacation and will have their emails give an Auto response but also we forward a copy of the incoming email to a different user. Just in case it happens to be an order or some important info that needs to be had.
    Currently the Auto responder has the ability to be scheduled, but the Forwarding does not have this option. It would be nice if this could be implemented.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base