Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. Integration with MailStore

MailStore search integration - at least a quick link to MS Web search in header and ability to open attached EML's it returns when messages are restored. Ideally an integrated search bar.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Manage emails as tasks

Provide a zero-inbox and task-based approach to managing emails. Support the GTD methodology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done)

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. calendar appointment participants

Hello
    Inviting participants in calendar is not that easy. Would it be possible to invite participants directly from the appointment tab by entering the email address for instance (the email address could be suggested while entering the name)
    Thank you

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Worldclient IM puts user online when user's desktop is locked and someone moves the mouse or touches the keyboard...

... like the cleaning lady.

What I would like to say: that should not happen. When the desktop is locked, the user is not there, and should not be online (unless he's using a remote session of course like when connected through RDP to the machine where WCIM runs on).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to rearrange folders in worldclient

I would like to be able to rearrange folders in mdaemon. I mainly us a shared folder as my inbox and it would be great to be able to move it to the root of my email account rather than browsing to it every time I log in.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. WorldClient enlarge CC and BCC item

In WorldClient, I would like to apply the feature that enlarge the box of the "A" box also to the "CC" and "BCC".

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow access to Webmail without password when a certain HTTP header is set

When a trusted source like a reverse proxy sets a certain HTTP header, then Webmail should log that user in without asking a password. Much like "x-webobjects-remote-user" HTTP request header in SOGo.

This would allow an already authentified user (on a reverse proxy for example) to get immediate access by simply having the proxy forward the connected user's name.

The trusted gateways would need to be specified by at least their IP address to prevent abuse.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How many items selected

Hello,

If I select some of the emails in my Inbox I want to know how many of them I have selected. Maybe it should be shown at the bottom of the screen with a message like: "You have selected 5 items".

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Different session time out settings for World Client depending on IP Address

Different session time out settings for World Client depending on if it is being accessed from the LAN or from a remote session.

When connecting remotely security is critical, as users could be connecting from any device, in any environment.

On the LAN security is not as critical, and there is a known environment, and users more likely to lock their computers when they leave them.

Allowing different session time out settings for LAN, VPN and 'other' would help remove the inconvenience of repeatedly entering passwords to use world client on the LAN, but still allow a short time out…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Message search functionality

-A more comprehensive search functionality is required, suggest looking at how the old Eudora mail client approached it ( which I still use from home!), with a very simple and powerful means to do a single up to multiple criteria search, based on user selected fields. You could limit it to 3-5 deep and it should not cause the system to hang as is the case at times now and should be much faster and more responsive.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Folder tree should show unread messages in sub folders.

The folder tree in the left pane should have the total emails listed in brackets. Currently the folder tree lists only the emails in that particular folder, however it should list the mails of the sub folders also, so that it becomes convenient to get a bigger picture in the collapsed tree view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Failed login attempts log to windows event log

Would be interesting if we have the posibility to log failed login attempts on worldclient to windows event log. This will allow transfer such events to syslog on perimetral security system and act, for example, banning the source ip in such perimetral security equipment. We are doing it with smtp failed login attempts with very good results. MDaemon remains isolated from such attacks.
    Thanks for such excelent software.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Joan,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to add failed login attempts from Worldclient to the windows event log. This will be considered for future versions.

The latest version of MDaemon can be configured to monitor all inbound connections for authentication failures and block IP addresses that exceed the configured limits.

Thanks,
    Arron

13. Background Picture in WorldClient

A customer wished to have a Background Picture in Worldclient (as it is possible with Google Mail).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Calendar Statistics and Free Items

For the Calendar Statistics in WorldClient to be useful for analyzing the personal work planning, items marked as "Show time as: Free" should not be counted towards the total hours (otherwise Holidays that you enter into the calendar add 24 hours to your statistics).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cache IMs when offline

IMs are not delivered when the user is offline. That is really retro. They should be cached for a certain amount of time and delivered to the user when they are back online.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Documens rendred in the browser directly

Can we have content of the documents folder rendered in the browser directly?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide an global option to disable preview

We discovered that is not possible to disable completely preview under Lookout theme: users can re-enable preview manually.
    Under cryptolocker attacks is dangerous (according to us) to let users have preview, it's better if they can just see email listing so they can analize (according sender, subject etc.) if they want or not want open it and which attachment are enclosed.
    Automatically opening email, as preview does is less secure if there is a dangerous script enclosed.
    We ask an option to definitely disable preview for ALL (gray out button or similar)

Sorry for my English
    Alessandro

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Alessandro,

Thank you for sharing your idea to disable the message preview option. It will be considered for future versions. Currently you can disable this for all users when they login by setting the following key in the [Default:UserOverrides] section of the domains.ini file:

MessageViewLayout=hide

This does not prevent the user from changing the value once they are logged in though. In order to do that you will have to edit WorldClient\HTML\LookOut\pages\menu.js and remove lines 146, 149-152. Save the file and then restart WorldClient.

If you’d like further assistance with this, please contact on our support team. All of our support options can be found at www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

18. add notes to email

I would like to add a notation to an email, or be able to change its subject line without sending it again.

Here is how I would use that: I am running a technical support email inbox and voicemail. I keep email folders for individual customers so I can have all of our communications in one place.

When voicemail comes in, the recorded message is sent via email to the inbox. When it gets to the inbox, it has a subject line generated by the voicemail service. So by looking at it, I can't associate with a particular customer: I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WorldClient signatures position

It would be nice to be allowed to put the signature where we want; below our reply, after the quote...

Right now the signature is put after everything. That makes ti difficult to our client to see where the email is coming from.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. BASIC or Kerberos authentification on worldclient

Hi,

Ability to have BASIC or Kerberos authentification on worldclient with the integrated webserver or with external like IIS.

This type of authentification would be great when using a IAM and/or a reverse proxy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box