Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. Sorting of E-Mail Templates

Currently there is no possibility to change the order of Email templates. When a user has a lot of them it would be easier if one can change the order of the templates to have the ones that are heavily used on top of the list.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Integration Onedrive in Webmail

Add onedrive in addition to dropbox and google drive in webmail

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AI for lookout and worldclient themes

The help of AI is interesting and represents the future of writing tools.
    Implementation on other themes would be good.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. azure ad - world client

Allow the use of Azure AD as an authentication method to webmail

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Folder for deferred email

We are finding the deferred email facility very useful. However, when sending a deferred email it is added to your 'Sent Items' folder immediately with no way of seeing when it will actually be sent (and no way of monitoring when it is actually sent).

What would be extremely useful is a server created folder for wach user called 'Deferred items' (or similar) which contains email that are deferred together with the date and time it will actually be sent. When the server sends the email it is removed from Deferred Items and put in Sent Items.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lookout Theme suggestions

Emails - Arranging By: You have a drop-down box which I presume most of us arrange by Date. I would like to see an option for Unread -> Date So then the messages are arranged 1st by those unread and 2nd by date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to allow messages to be sort by read status and by date. Newer themes, such as the WorldClient theme allow you to show only unread messages and then sort them by date.

We will look into allow message listings to be sorted by multiple criteria for a future version.

Thanks,
    Arron

8. Support to filter out "Tracking Pixel" in webmail and/or possible regular mail.

The use of "tracking pixel" is a bad for end user security and i suggest to add functionality to webmail but possible also regular mail to filter out tracking pixels.

https://en.ryte.com/wiki/Tracking_Pixel

Especially in EU where GDPR is in effect that users must be informed that a website collects data. Users also have to be able to object to the tracking.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dan,

Thanks for sharing your idea. Webmail currently has an option to block HTML images which stops all images from being downloaded, thereby preventing any tracking that would have occurred. When this is enabled, users can choose to download images by clicking a bar in webmail.

To enable the option open MDaemon and go to Setup / Web & IM Services / Settings, check the box for Block HTML images.

Webmail also ignores the SRC attribute on Image tags, and ignores script and link tags in html emails, this functionality all helps to make tracking more difficult, but it is not 100%.

Webmail also ignore script and link tags in HTML emails

Are you wanting webmail to also be able to identify image tags that are for tracking and filter them out?

If you are, I’m not aware of a good way to do this. We can scan the…

9. Check for and keep custom favicons on update

We are using the the MDaemon Webmail software via different instances and are helping our users to keep track of the right browser-tabs by defining different favicon.ico files, so that the respective tabs are clearly identifiable. After every update we have to manually make sure, that all customized ico-files are setup again. Would it be possible to check if the favicons have been exchanged after the last update and leave them untouched if so?

That would help us a lot in making the update procedure less elaborate!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to provide a means of not over-writing the custom images you put in place. It will be considered for future versions.

There are a couple of options that may help you to achieve this in the current version.

- You can try putting your image files in place and then mark them as read-only. A read-only file cannot be overwritten so the installer should fail to over-write it.

- You can create a custom theme by copying an existing theme to a new folder and make your changes in the custom theme.

- You can write a script to copy the files over for you so that each time you install a new version all you have to do is run the script to update all the image files.

If you’d like further assistance with any of these ideas, please contact our support…

10. All Unread and All Flagged Emails in Mobile Theme

Would it be possible to implement the same All Unread and All Flagged Email Smart inbox Functionality that is available in the Main Desktop Theme into the Mobile Theme. For a mobile phone this concept is even more necessary and useful than it is on a desktop computer as being able to view all unread emails in one view would eliminate a lot of scrolling on the phone changing subfolders (if you are using imap filters). Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. IMAP filters

It would be appreciated possibility to find a string into body of the message as condition, like into subject field for example. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Modernise Webmail Gui

In order to be able to sell Mdaemon to prospective new clients I do need to wow them a bit with the GUI as this is the first thing that most end clients see and care about. They don't care about spam filtering, back end administration etc which are the things that I care about for Mdaemon.

I don't think that you need to make huge changes to your CSS coding. In fact, most of the changes I am suggesting would probably be quite minor.

1. Replace the flag, category, select icons etc with more modern looking icons. A lot of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Filters for outgoing e-mail / filteroptions in server for all imapi users of that account

hello Arron,
    I'm changing from Pop to IMAPI so I also have al my e-mail at home when i'm working remote and not on my destop at the compagny.

I now have Thunderbird with a 60+ filters to sort the e-mail form college's suppliers customers private and so on in separate folders.

I sort incomming and outgoing email. But I cannot make filters for outgoing email...
    ( I think. I searched everywhere and the help text only speaks of incomming email. )

Is there an option to also filter the out going e-mail.
    Filter e-mail after sending to be correct.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Active Sync" like push Mechanism for Webmail

Pls. implement a push mechanism for the Webmail Client.

My phone is alway showing the new received mail of my inbox first.

Then i have to click on the email symbol at the webclient to initiate a refresh.

The Webclient i was using before had this active sync like feature and i am really missing it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve Session Cookies

I have multiple personal email addresses for differing corporate entities within the single MDaemon installation. If I use WebMail and log into a second email account, the first email session is terminated with "Invalid cookie for the requested session".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to improve the session cookies in WorldClient. It will be considered for future versions. There is a potential work around that may help you with the current version. If you are using Chrome, you should be able to enable Incognito mode for each window and it should allow you to login to multiple accounts at the same time.

Thanks again,
    Arron

16. Conferencing

Could you add conferencing to webmail. (chat/audio/video)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us. Webmail currently allows users to configure permissions for sharing their documents folder. If this is not what you are looking for please create a new idea with additional details. Audio and Video chatting will be considered for future versions. Thanks again for your sharing your ideas with us.

Arron

17. Sort contacts public notebook

Sort the contacts of the public book by departments, it is very messy, when you look at the public address book and want to see all the people belonging to a department, or you just want to order the book by departments.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Worldclient IM puts user online when user's desktop is locked and someone moves the mouse or touches the keyboard...

... like the cleaning lady.

What I would like to say: that should not happen. When the desktop is locked, the user is not there, and should not be online (unless he's using a remote session of course like when connected through RDP to the machine where WCIM runs on).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow access to Webmail without password when a certain HTTP header is set

When a trusted source like a reverse proxy sets a certain HTTP header, then Webmail should log that user in without asking a password. Much like "x-webobjects-remote-user" HTTP request header in SOGo.

This would allow an already authentified user (on a reverse proxy for example) to get immediate access by simply having the proxy forward the connected user's name.

The trusted gateways would need to be specified by at least their IP address to prevent abuse.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Goto Unread Message

In Webmail Old Versions, users can see Unread Messages numbers & when click on it, they will go directly to those message one by one.
    In new Webmail, users can see numbers but can't click on it & so should find unread messages by yourself & it's too difficult.

Best Regards, Janet

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion to make it easier for users to go to the desired folder by clicking on the unread count. Which unread message count are you referring to? Any additional details you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arron

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base