Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. A way to search inside Sender Blacklist In Security Menu -> Screening

Add new "search" button in Security menu then Screening and Sender BlackLists
    it's not easy to find an address in the list when you want remove one item.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Implement an administrative Enable/Disable option for the "automatic whitelisting feature” for user conversations

Just imagine a user starts to correspond with a SPAM address for what reason ever (released from quarantine e.g.).
    Because of this “convenient feature” from this time on all future conversations sent to that user from this specific address most of the security checks are automatically(!) “disabled” because of that “automatic whitelisting” feature. Sorry, but that’s a security evil function!
    Currently from administrative point of view there is only the option to set “default settings”, but can be changed anytime by the user….
    That is – from security point of view – absolutely dangerous! Because once whitelisted a lot of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. location screening smtp filter

Currently with location screening, any countries in the blacklist, the emails are simply dropped. In the main this has worked well with blocking 90% of the countries that we never expect to receive emails from and I think has really helped with malware.

However, once every few months, we miss an email that is sent by a helpdesk system or CRM system which for some reason is located in a country in the blacklist even though the supplier we are dealing with is not located in that country and their usual emails come through another system. I suspect that we…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sync Email Categories

I use Em client as my Email client on both my computer and laptop. I have asked Em Client about this and they say this is a server side issue. When I flag an email and categorise it, only the flag is synced. The category is not synced with the server. So I have to manually add the Category in Webmail or on the second machine running Em client.

I am using Imap to send and receive emails. Could you make it possible for Mdaemon to support syncing categories via imap. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Webmail branding

Would it be possible to fully complete the Mdaemon Branding Process.

Thirdly, I can't change the name of the wording in the browser tab to what wording I want.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Login using the DA's name instead of the email address

Add a "$ACTIVEDIRECTORY$" macro in "User Verification Source" to authenticate using the name of the AD instead of the email address

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. branding Mdaemon

Would it be possible to fully complete the Mdaemon Branding Process.

At the moment, I am able to replace the Logo above the login on the login page and it shows the same logo on the LHS once logged in.

However, I had to manually replace the fav icons for the browser by replacing the files in the relevant folders.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Which specific icons are you wanting to be able to replace? Is there a problem with replacing the files on disk? Make sure you mark your files as read-only so they are not overwritten when you upgrade.

Thanks,
    Arron

8. Decrypt pgp attachments

When I receive a PGP email from an external user, would be very helpfull decrypt automatically the attachments, so I can open it from worldclient.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Outbreak Protection Options

Currently there are three options:

Viruses, Spam and IWF Content which can either be blocked in real time or accepted for filtering.

I would like to make this four options and have a separate option for bulk spam so I can set this for filtering whilst all the others are blocked in real time. The reason being is that I have not had a single legitimate email being dropped under spam, IWF or Viruses but I have had quite a few legitimate emails being dropped under bulk spam. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Check for and keep custom favicons on update

We are using the the MDaemon Webmail software via different instances and are helping our users to keep track of the right browser-tabs by defining different favicon.ico files, so that the respective tabs are clearly identifiable. After every update we have to manually make sure, that all customized ico-files are setup again. Would it be possible to check if the favicons have been exchanged after the last update and leave them untouched if so?

That would help us a lot in making the update procedure less elaborate!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to provide a means of not over-writing the custom images you put in place. It will be considered for future versions.

There are a couple of options that may help you to achieve this in the current version.

- You can try putting your image files in place and then mark them as read-only. A read-only file cannot be overwritten so the installer should fail to over-write it.

- You can create a custom theme by copying an existing theme to a new folder and make your changes in the custom theme.

- You can write a script to copy the files over for you so that each time you install a new version all you have to do is run the script to update all the image files.

If you’d like further assistance with any of these ideas, please contact our support…

11. Add option to 'soft fail' on Reverse Lookup (PTR) failure

At present the options for action on PTR lookup failure are to close the connection - a hard fail.
    As others have observed this causes a lot of unhappy customers because emails from legitimate senders fail to be received, yet it also stops a lot of spam emails so it is a desirable test to have turned on (in my opinion).

Please consider the option for a soft fail on PTR lookup failure.

For example I would prefer the option to increment the spam score against emails that fail rather than closing the connection outright.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Determining the effectiveness of applying a security setting

The following security settings would be a good example here.

Close connection if no PTR exists
    Close connection if no PTR Match
    Outbreak Protection
    Spambot Detection

I used to have Spambot Detection enabled but I disabled it a few months back because it appeared to me that the only emails being affected by this were legitimate senders.

I currently have both PTR checks above enabled. We have had a few legitimate senders affected by this.

I also have Outbreak Protection enabled

However there is no easy way for me to list all senders (domains) that were affected by security setting…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. All Unread and All Flagged Emails in Mobile Theme

Would it be possible to implement the same All Unread and All Flagged Email Smart inbox Functionality that is available in the Main Desktop Theme into the Mobile Theme. For a mobile phone this concept is even more necessary and useful than it is on a desktop computer as being able to view all unread emails in one view would eliminate a lot of scrolling on the phone changing subfolders (if you are using imap filters). Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Message Metadata in DB

The request is that some of the metadata that appears in log files be organised in an accessible SQL db to simplify, and help secure the utilisation of the overall system.

My use case is as follows:

In an attempt to secure users primary emails I regularly run scripts to attempt to determine the source of authenticated sessions, and that they correspond to users and devices that are expected e.g. ActiveSync sessions from known devices and networks, or authenticated SMTP from known IPs or via authenticated VPNs.

These tasks end up parsing a lot of log files, where all of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Location Screening applied per mailbox

Location Screening is a fantastic tool, and I use it extensively. I have eighty mailbox users of which the majority never leaves the country, but I also have a handful of users who travel extensively around the world.
    The problem arises when I have to unblock a specific country for a particular user. Suddenly all the mailboxes on my server is open to brute force authentication attacks from that particular country.
    If I could apply Location Screening by means of a template, or security group, or even directly on a particular mailbox, it would mean that if I open a…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Charl,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to implement per user location screening. There are some challenges to implementing this as it will require that we allow authentication to begin before a connection can be blocked by location screening. Some users will not like this, so we have to find a way to block connections as efficiently as possible.

There are a couple of options available for by-passing location screening on a per user basis. You can enable options for ActiveSync so that known devices by-pass location screening checks. You can also have the IP address of knwon ActiveSync devices whitelisted, so if you have a laptop on the same wifi network that is not using ActiveSync it will be allowed to connect as well. If you are using Webmail, you can use Two Factor Authentication to bypass Location Screening.

We will look into per user location…

16. Please add one option into Security Gateway for remote mail delivery

The MDaemon mail server has three options for remote mail delivery.
    But Security Gateway just have two options, they are:
    Always send all outbound email directly to the recipient's mail server
    and
    Always send every outbound email to the server specified below

We need increase the option like Mdaemon mail server.

Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. IMAP filters

It would be appreciated possibility to find a string into body of the message as condition, like into subject field for example. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Client Signatures - expanded options

It would be very useful to expand the new signatures feature to allow the admin to define multiple "standard" signatures, then have the ability to assign to different signatures to different users ie. Different divisions/locations with specific localised details.

It would also be very useful to be able to force std signatures onto mobile devices - possibly via an app???

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Modernise Webmail Gui

In order to be able to sell Mdaemon to prospective new clients I do need to wow them a bit with the GUI as this is the first thing that most end clients see and care about. They don't care about spam filtering, back end administration etc which are the things that I care about for Mdaemon.

I don't think that you need to make huge changes to your CSS coding. In fact, most of the changes I am suggesting would probably be quite minor.

1. Replace the flag, category, select icons etc with more modern looking icons. A lot of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. References

Outlook with Outlook Connector is removing References: Header. This breaks the message threading and is a major issue. The problem does not happen with World Client. Send an email to someone using World Client, they respond using Outlook Connector, check the email headers of the received message. References Header is missing. This also causes issues when emailing support tickets. Each reply to a support ticket email that does not have the original References Header value is assumed to be a new email / new ticket. This is very undesirable.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box