Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. Add a macro to allow setting X-Priority header for urgent e-mails

Add a macro to allow setting X-Priority header for urgent e-mails, especially in the "Send a NOTE to" option in Content Filter.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Intergrade abuseipdb

Abuseipdb https://www.abuseipdb.com/ has an free api to check ip's and Report ip's who are abusive

I find it a very reliable source and as mdaemon postmasters, we could help reporting abusive ip's (automaticly after more than x unsuccesfull authentications from one ip) thus using the mechanism mdaemon already uses to block ip's

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Worldclient IM puts user online when user's desktop is locked and someone moves the mouse or touches the keyboard...

... like the cleaning lady.

What I would like to say: that should not happen. When the desktop is locked, the user is not there, and should not be online (unless he's using a remote session of course like when connected through RDP to the machine where WCIM runs on).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow access to Webmail without password when a certain HTTP header is set

When a trusted source like a reverse proxy sets a certain HTTP header, then Webmail should log that user in without asking a password. Much like "x-webobjects-remote-user" HTTP request header in SOGo.

This would allow an already authentified user (on a reverse proxy for example) to get immediate access by simply having the proxy forward the connected user's name.

The trusted gateways would need to be specified by at least their IP address to prevent abuse.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dynamic Screening - Tracking the device who triggers the login failures

Dynamic Screening - Tracking the device who triggers the login failures.
    It would be helpfull if a name from a device added to the log. So troubleshooting of logon failures would be much easier.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to include client information. Can you provide additional details about what you would like to see added to the log? Which name would you like to see added to the log? Is this for a specific protocol or all protocols? Which log would you like the information added to?

Thanks,
    Arron

6. Goto Unread Message

In Webmail Old Versions, users can see Unread Messages numbers & when click on it, they will go directly to those message one by one.
    In new Webmail, users can see numbers but can't click on it & so should find unread messages by yourself & it's too difficult.

Best Regards, Janet

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion to make it easier for users to go to the desired folder by clicking on the unread count. Which unread message count are you referring to? Any additional details you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arron

7. Directly deny accepting emails containing certaines attachments (e.g. iso) already at reception instead of using CF to avoid archving issues

Close connection when receiving files with certain (configurable) attachement types (for example ISO-files) instead of first accepting the mail and then passing it through Content Filter to delete/quarantine the mail in the second step. This has the advantage that a mail that has never been accepted does not need to be archived (in combination with saving bandwidth/cpu/disk space,...) and probably it would be easy to implement.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enhancement to inactive accounts when never accessed

I am suggesting an enhancement to the current Inactive accounts option. If an account is created but never accessed, it never becomes active and the counter for inactivity never begins. Those accounts then remain enabled and increase the attack surface.

I would like to propose that the Inactive check look at the last accessed date, and if blank, looks at the created date, and then applies the action using the same value as set for Inactive, disabling and notifying of any accounts disabled as a result of this.

Regards,
    Tim

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. service handler

Allow MDaemon webmail to use service handler/mailto functions ... so to use a browser as the default email client/service.

Like someone can do with gmail in chrome, firefox ...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How many items selected

Hello,

If I select some of the emails in my Inbox I want to know how many of them I have selected. Maybe it should be shown at the bottom of the screen with a message like: "You have selected 5 items".

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WorldClient enlarge CC and BCC item

In WorldClient, I would like to apply the feature that enlarge the box of the "A" box also to the "CC" and "BCC".

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Web link to unsubscribe mailing lists

Could not find this feature request (and I'm surprised of this)
    AFAIK as of today the only way we have for unsubscribing a MDaemon mailing list is with a email reply.
    This is a very old fashion way to manage unsubscriptions and it's not practical at all.

Can we have a web based system to manage this? That is: a web link is provided in the email and the recipient simply click this to open the usual web page we all know to click "unsubscribe"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better warning when unable to reach altn-servers for licensing

You get an unclear warning from MDaemon if it can't reach the altn-servers to check the license. It basically just say that the system will shutdown in 7 days. In the log you can see what the problem is, but not what is going to happen. The GUI doesn't tell you anything. A 7 days warning is really bad during summer vacation. There should be a lot more days and a better explanation in the mail.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide MDaemon and SecurityGateway Amazon Machine Images

When running MDaemon or SecurityGateway within the Amazon Cloud it would be preferable to be able to choose a preconfigured Amazon Machine Image (AMI) from the Amazon MarketPlace.

There are 1000's of software vendors that provide their software in this way and would help promote MDaemon and SecurityGateway products by simplifying the process to deploy a server in the cloud.

These images would have to be reconfigured using a test domain, so an added feature would be the option to run a setup wizard after the software is installed to re-configure the main settings.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improved Control of DMARC Reporting

I would like some additional control and ways to monitor the DMARC reports which are sent out. I would like to be able to selectively stop reporting to certain recipients, and would also like to see what reports are going out in a summary form.

The problem that this addresses is that I have a domain to which I am sending a report which has stopped accepting the report, so I am generating failed emails that need to be cleared up manually. I Don't see any way to stop this at the moment!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Per domain Authentication

Sign email received by authenticated server: now DKIM only sign email from authenticated session but you can only defined authentication per user. For example I have Exchange behind SecurityGateway and if I configure authenticaed Send Connector i should also disable "Authentication credentials must match those of the email sender" on security gateway. Doing so if an hacker will stole a single password he will able to send email from any local users....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us. I have split your ideas into multiple items.

If I’m understanding correctly, you would like an option to exclude domain mail server from the requirement for authentication credentials must match those of the email sender. Is that correct?

I also wanted to mention that Location Screening may help you to secure your server. It allows you to only allow authentication from specific areas of the world. So for example, if all of your users were in Italy, you could restrict SG to only allow SG from within Italy.

Thanks,
    Arron

18. Failed login attempts log to windows event log

Would be interesting if we have the posibility to log failed login attempts on worldclient to windows event log. This will allow transfer such events to syslog on perimetral security system and act, for example, banning the source ip in such perimetral security equipment. We are doing it with smtp failed login attempts with very good results. MDaemon remains isolated from such attacks.
    Thanks for such excelent software.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Joan,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to add failed login attempts from Worldclient to the windows event log. This will be considered for future versions.

The latest version of MDaemon can be configured to monitor all inbound connections for authentication failures and block IP addresses that exceed the configured limits.

Thanks,
    Arron

19. Block Javascript attachments by default

I blocked this attachment after one of my clients got hit with the cryptolocker virus abut 2 year ago and since then it has blocked several more emails with this attachment.

I would recommend making this default as I cannot really see any valid reason for the vast majority of users to have the ability to receive emails with js attachments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mailing List Manager Groupings

I have a dozen clients so far on my MDPC system. I would like to be able to group the mailing lists by domain instead of seeing all mailing lists under mailing list manager. It would make it easier to edit the mailing lists for a specific domain and also make the list more navigable if it only showed the list of domains and then you expand to view mailing lists for that domain.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box