Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. Process mailist as user list

I would like to see a server that in processing of the mailing list account will be united to email destination list, so an account in mailing list doesn't receive duplicated messages if is included in mail destination as account and as mail distribution list.
    In example a customer send a mail to: sales@ (mailing list) and me in CC (it's account) I receive 2 times the mail.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide MDaemon and SecurityGateway Amazon Machine Images

When running MDaemon or SecurityGateway within the Amazon Cloud it would be preferable to be able to choose a preconfigured Amazon Machine Image (AMI) from the Amazon MarketPlace.

There are 1000's of software vendors that provide their software in this way and would help promote MDaemon and SecurityGateway products by simplifying the process to deploy a server in the cloud.

These images would have to be reconfigured using a test domain, so an added feature would be the option to run a setup wizard after the software is installed to re-configure the main settings.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How many items selected

Hello,

If I select some of the emails in my Inbox I want to know how many of them I have selected. Maybe it should be shown at the bottom of the screen with a message like: "You have selected 5 items".

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. service handler

Allow MDaemon webmail to use service handler/mailto functions ... so to use a browser as the default email client/service.

Like someone can do with gmail in chrome, firefox ...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filters for outgoing e-mail / filteroptions in server for all imapi users of that account

hello Arron,
    I'm changing from Pop to IMAPI so I also have al my e-mail at home when i'm working remote and not on my destop at the compagny.

I now have Thunderbird with a 60+ filters to sort the e-mail form college's suppliers customers private and so on in separate folders.

I sort incomming and outgoing email. But I cannot make filters for outgoing email...
    ( I think. I searched everywhere and the help text only speaks of incomming email. )

Is there an option to also filter the out going e-mail.
    Filter e-mail after sending to be correct.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Client Signatures - expanded options

It would be very useful to expand the new signatures feature to allow the admin to define multiple "standard" signatures, then have the ability to assign to different signatures to different users ie. Different divisions/locations with specific localised details.

It would also be very useful to be able to force std signatures onto mobile devices - possibly via an app???

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Login using the DA's name instead of the email address

Add a "$ACTIVEDIRECTORY$" macro in "User Verification Source" to authenticate using the name of the AD instead of the email address

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A way to search inside Sender Blacklist In Security Menu -> Screening

Add new "search" button in Security menu then Screening and Sender BlackLists
    it's not easy to find an address in the list when you want remove one item.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. more details about whitelist / blacklist entry

when i go to whitelist / blacklist, there are entries with comment "Added from message log", it would be better if you add date when it was added so we would know if entry has been created recently or long time ago. I usually add date in comment so when someone asked me when it was blacklisted or whitelisted, i dont need to rely on my memory or email request when it was done.

maybe add "who" created it if entry is created for domain or global admin level.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve the number of characters in the user identification field

I would appreciate if you could improve the amount of characters associated with the user identification. In South America, two names and two surnames are used and it is not enough to enter the complete identification of the user. I would greatly appreciate if you could eliminate this limitation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to increase the number of characters allowed in the mailbox field. This is on our list to consider for future versions.

In the current version, you can work around this issue by using aliases. Simple create a unique mailbox name and then create an alias so that the user identification value want to use points to the mailbox just created.

If you’d like further assistance setting this up, please contact our support team directly. All of our support options can be found at https://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks again,

Arron

11. Mailing list with select multiple groups

Would really like the ability to select a mailing list to only send to a set combined list of groups.

Like:
    MailingList1: (this would reach All Sales & All Management both at a set location)
    GROUP:Sales & GROUP:Location
    GROUP:Managment & GROUP: Location

MailingList2: (This would reach all Sales Management regardless of location.)
    GROUP:Sales & GROUP:Management

Right now I have to make locational based position groups and the list is going to be really long and repetitive Sales X, Sales Y, Sales Z, Management Sales, Management X, Management Y, Management Z. I might be missing something that would allow me to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Possibility to add score to the SG Your personal Spam Quarantine Report

When looking at the mail you can release or blacklist a mail. A user can not see why the mail is hold until he/she logs on to the security gateway. In this way the action of the user can be a risk for your organization when he/she deploys the message and reads it. By adding the score in your report the user can be aware what to do with the message. When a mail is marked as spam the user can logon to security gateway and look into the transcript (if he understands that). An administrator can also do this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Classify (incoming) mails to info@... by AI/ML, so they can be directly forwarded to the right person/team.

Every company has a main emailaddress (often "info@companyname.com"). Every day hundreds of mails are flooding into that mailbox and somebody has to read and forward them.
    It would be great to have a learning system which can be trained to classify mails, e.g. "mail is meant for sales", "mail is meant for accounting", etc.

That would save a lot of time!
    With AI/ML this might be easy to do these days.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Klaus,

Thank you for sharing your idea to implement automatic email routing based on the content of the message. You can likely achieve some of this already using the content filter or IMAP rules to look for specific content in the body or subject of messages and forward the message based on that content. Your idea to use AI to route the messages will be considered for future versions.

Thanks,

Arron

14. Enhance quarantine portal

Currently the quarantine portal displays the "friendly name", and if you choose to whitelist or blacklist it is the friendly name that is used. Sometimes with malicious or spam e-mails; it is the from that needs to be blacklisted (or possibly the sending IP address). But there is currently no easy way to blacklist (or whitelist) either of these two fields from the portal. You need to goto the transcript copy the relevant values and then goto the security tab of the portal to blacklist the relevant value.

Ideally if this could be done from the quarantine section directly (or…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move messages from admin quarantine to user quarantine

Ability to move messages from admin quarantine to user quarantine.

Some messages that appear in admin quarantine don't always require admin action. But it is not always clear whether the user would wish to receive the message. Ideally have the ability for an admin to move a message to user quarantine - to allow the user to make the decision on whether to release / delete / whitelist etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. search

A search option on the Domains list page, I have over 1300 domains and its not easy having to scroll through all the pages when trying to find a domain

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show summary reason of Junk in Statistics Report

Statistics Report shows an amount of Junk messages processed. For Security awareness it would be great to have an additional table/report which shows a summary of reasons (top 10?).
    If a message is marked as Good, i presume the Result is Delivered and the Reason is Good.

In my case I have a lot of connection attempts in which the next reasons/results are the most common.
    Incomplete - No Mail Sent
    Rejected - Location Screening
    Rejected - Dynamic Screening
    Rejected - HELO Lookup
    Rejected - Blacklisted
    Released - Callback Verification
    Rejected - DNSBL

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us, to have a breakdown of the Junk email report. Is the Junk breakdown report what you are looking for?

Junk Email Breakdown—This report displays the total of all junk email, categorized by type, for the selected Domain during the Date Range specified in the report. Junk email is categorized into six types: Spam, Virus, Spoofing, Abuse, Incomplete, and User. The Incomplete category is for all sessions where a timeout occurs or the client closes the socket or issues a quit command before sending the data. SMTP probes fall under this category. The User category is for Blacklists, Content Filter Rules, Attachment Filtering, and custom Sieve Scripts. The remaining categories refer to their corresponding Security sections. The table below the graph contains columns for each type, and each row corresponds to the Summary time period by which the report is delineated (hours,…

18. IP Abuse List .txt file via http

It would be very nice if MDaemon would add a IP Address to a IPFirewall.txt file that could be stored in a custom location for download via the http server.

The goal would be to allow a firewall to download a file containing the list of IP Addresses that are being logged via MDaemon security for either to many authentication attempts, etc.

This list would be very helpful with providing a means for Firewall Integration.

This technology already exists in firewalls, they just need IP Lists .txt so they can be used for filtering.

The end goal, to provide a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us to store blocked IP addresses in a text file. While there is no feature in MDaemon to store blocked IP addresses in a text file, this is already being done. The files are probably not in the format that you’d need so you would have to write a script to gather the data and put it in the format you desire.
    MDaemon stores the IP addresses configured in IP Screening in the MDaemon\app\IPScreen.dat file. MDaemon stores the Dynamic Screening Black list in the MDaemon\Data\DSBlackList.dat file. Both of these files are plain text files that can be opened with notepad.

As for making the file available via HTTP, you can simply place the file in the MDaemon\WorldClient\HTML directory. Although, I do not recommend it as anybody can download the file.

Thanks,
    Arron

19. Save Search Criteria in Security Gateway

I do several searches many times throughout the day on our SGW server and it is time-consuming to put in the search criteria each and every time. I know that save search criteria is available on Mdaemon, but I'd like to see it available on the SGW product as well.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. void nagging "loading..." frame

in the web interface
    the "loading" rame overlay results really noisy (not sure about the translation, in italian "Caricamento in corso")
    Usuallly waiting for it nags me
    - at login, I don't need statistics if I'm just going to a settings or message queues
    - opening message queues, most of the times I'll do a search (at least to limit the date/time), so I don't need to wait loading the whole message database

IDEAS:
    - instead of overlying the whole page, ovelay just the loading part (the statistics images, or the message list) so that refreshing that part stops loading…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to make SecurityGateway faster.  There is currently an option to not load the graphs automatically.  You can change it by going to My Account / Settings.  Depending on what is slowing down the login, this may or may nnt help.  If its something else causing the login to be slow, you can try a backup and restore of the SecurityGateway database.  This process cleans up system information and can reduce the size of the database. We will look into options for improving login performance for a future version.

Thanks,

Arron    

1 2 6 8 10 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base