Skip to content

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. Send failed authentication reports to user

Improvement of this report : Account authentication failed Numerous times " xx@zzz.com "

it would be nice to have an option to choose whether the postmaster of the domain and / or the owner of the account also receive this alert ( this idea could be extended to all types of reports )

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Debug Logging selectable for one account or domain for troubleshooting

By selecting one account/emailaddress or domain makes troubleshooting easier. Now all debug information comes in a large logfile where you have to search or use third party tools to make a quick analysis. Also add the ability to select multiple protocols for this troubleshooting session, like SMTP-In, MutiPop, SMTP-Out, etc.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dave,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us to enable debug logging for one account or domain. Would enabling debug logging for a single account or domain be more valuable than a log parser that had the ability to filter the log files by user or domain? If it would be more valuable, can you help me to understand why?

Thanks,
    Arron

3. HTML Autoresponder

It would be nice if Mdaemon add html with inline image format for autorespond like in signature.

So the sender will receive a reply and can see the company logo or more colorful instead black and white.

Hope it can be implemented soon.

Regards
    Raymond

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In WC, change the BlackList method for better security concerns.

The current method requires the user to open or preview an email, where some threats take place at time of open or preview.

Rather, demonstrate a right-click or menu button option that will display only the list of email accounts within the message to toggle the choice to BlackList any and all accounts within that one message in one sweep.

We follow a policy to never preview E-mail, and coupled with viewing Email's full contact information, we prevent many of the issues that threaten payload type threats. (too bad I can't add a screen capture of what I mean right…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to view attachments from emails log

It would be goo to have the ability to view attachments when browsing the log of messages ?

Now that we are installing SecurityGateway at all our customers to replace their Barracuda units, we are finding that we often come across this limitation as, often, an end-user asks us to locate a particular email with a specific attachment. On their old Barracuda anti-spam appliances the feature was there.

With SG we have to get SG to deliver the email and then ask the user if that is the correct attachment - very time consuming !!

Michel

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IPs and Hostnames exemption list for SPF and Rate Control processing

Hello Support,

I would like to make a request for an exceptions list of IPs and Hostnames for SPF processing.

Here is the problem. We, and many of our clients (we are an IT company), come from a background of Barracuda anti-spam units.

On a Barracuda you can specify some hosts or IPs that you want excluded from the Barracuda's equivalent of Security Gateway's SPF processing. Typically one uses that list specifically and only for the hosts addresses of one's Backup MX queues.

On Security Gateway, you cannot, with the following results :

a) Internet line goes down, so emails…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Michel,

Per feature whitelists will be considered for future versions. In the meantime there is a potential work around which I believe has already been shared with you, but I’ll share it for the benefit of everyone.

As a short term work around, you can use a custom SIEVE script for the SPF test. You will need to disable the built-in test, and replace it with something like.

require [“securitygateway”,“reject”,“fileinto”,“envelope”];

if not ip :is [“80.168.44.51”, “195.8.69.18”, “213.253.3.180”]
    {
    // cut paste text of system generated sieve script here
    if allof(not whitelisted,not auth “succeeded”,not ip “des”) {
    if lookup “spf” “fail” {
    fileinto “spam”;
    }
    if lookup “spf” “softfail” {
    spamscore “2.0”;
    }
    }

}

Thanks,

Arron

7. Showing Whitelisted entries as such in the logs

Hello,

Our background is Barracuda and this request is straight from our experience following our switch from Barracuda to Security Gateway.

At the moment, the SG log shows all delivered mail as "Delivered" in green.

The problem with this is that, in the first month of fine tuning a new installation, one has to look at each individual "Delivered" mail to work out if it was delivered because it was whitelisted or simply because it passed the spam checks. Then, when you know it passed the spam checks, you then examine it to check if you should blacklist the sender,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reverse Lookup Feature

The Reverse Lookup is a very valuable tool however it can create unhappy customers when email gets rejected and people don’t understand why. Because the email connection gets dropped it becomes very difficult to locate the sender information and then try to whitelist the email IP or name.

What you need to have on this page is not just a button to put and IP or name into a list but a filtered log with check boxes next to the names in the log. It should have Email Address, IP Address, Domain Name, the Date and time recorded and a…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sending email in WC,drop down, choose a category / sent folder. I wish I could add a sent category and it auto move to specific sent folder

Sending email in World Client, add a drop down to choose a category / sent folder. I wish I could add a sent category and have it auto move my sent message to specific sent folder. Many times I want things categorized while sending for followup etc..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More Moderator on Mailing List

Add moderator more than one on Mailing List, so if the moderator is on vacation or cannot be contacted at the moment, the other moderator can approve and forward the message to the member of list.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Drag and drop messages out of WC

We are currently looking to drop MS Office entirely but we currently use Redemption to enable the dragging of messages into our Ops DB client.

This functionality would be pivotal in allowing us to proceed especially as we can now drag and drop into WC message composition window.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Richard,

Thank you again for sharing your ideas with us. The ability to drag and drop messages out of WorldClient will be considered for future versions. In case it helps, in MDaemon 14.5, we have added the ability to save an email outside of WorldClient by right clicking on the messages and choosing Save source.

Thanks,
    Arron

12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Modify Password Expiration configuration

I would like a small change to this function. The counting of days should start at 0 when you set maximum days value. This will prevent a lot of users to get locked out of their account before they get any warning about an expiring password.
    You can also include a link to the correct webpage in the warning email and make this link available even if the users don't have Worldclient access.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. WorldClient Calendar ability to use lists or groups

Currently you cannot add a group or list of people to a meeting or event. So that means you have to add each address manually. Please add this feature !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion to use lists or groups as event attendees. In my testing I was able to add a mailing list as an attendee, Please contact our support team for assistance adding a mailing list as an attendee. All of support options can be found at www.altn.com/support. I was not able to add a group a a meeting attendee. This will be considered for future versions.

Thanks,

Arron

15. Log File Viewer file size limitation needs to be increased

Currently when you open up a session row from the Queue and Statistics Mnager (from an IMAP log file for example), the file size in the log file viewer will never exeed 64k. This is not useful for those very long sessions that need to be examined. This file size limitation should be increased.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Appointments/Meeting Request Templates

Often times we find ourselves creating the same type of appointment, with the same info over and over again. Not to be confused with a recurring appointment. For example, creating an meeting request for a conference call where everyone will use our conference bridge to call in. Some of this info changes, but much of it is static (ie the conference bridge info never changes). It would be cool to have appointment/meeting request templates where we could click the template name and it would populate the WorldClient appointment fields with information, sparing you having to type the same info over…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. WebAdmin - Role based access

Hi,

An option to add roles in WebAdmin if made available would be great.
    We want to provide role based access to our Email support staff and that means when I create a role i should also be given an option to select modules which belongs to that role. For Example if i create a role by name Email Security then i should have an option while role creation to add Security and Antispam modules.
    I would like to see this feature in Mdaemon.

Thanks,
    Elson

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Security Gateway: SIZE check with Destination MTA during SMTP Session

During the SMTP session with external MTA, have SG check size with eventual destination MTA

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatically disable/freeze/delete accounts on being inactive for a specific period

I would like to have an option in MDaemon which will automatically disable/freeze/delete Email accounts which are inactive for a specific period. An option to set Max inactive days with Action (disable/freeze/delete) can be made available in web admin.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an email submit address for a global whitelist that affects all accounts.

Right now the whitelist@ works on a per account basis. It doesn't work for aliases and/or mailing lists and it is limited to mail sent only to a specific account. This is too restrictive in a shared environment. Currently as an admin, I have to add entries manually to the global whitelist. This is time consuming. Access to add entries could be allowed for all accounts, or restricted by a flag to only specific accounts.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 16 17